REEDSVILLE — The Eastern Local Board of Education approved multiple supplemental and pupil activity contracts during last week’s regular meeting.
Supplemental contracts were approved as follows: Deborah Kerwood, Model United Nations Advisor; Katherine Ihling, Color Guard Coach; Cris Kuhn, Marching Band Director and Handbell/Choir Director; Nathan Jeffers, Play Director.
Pupil Activity Contracts were awarded to: Donald Maxon, Assistant Softball Coach; Erin Swatzel, Assistant Girls Basketball Coach; Katie Holter, Volunteer Assistant Varsity Girls Basketball Coach.
Additional items approved by the Board were as follows:
- Volunteers that have completed all of the requirements to be an academic volunteer at Eastern Elementary/Middle School for the 2016-17 school year were Rachel Nolan, Heather Riffle, Abranda Scott, and Sherri Sisson.
- Substitute teachers approved for the 2016-17 school year, pending proper certification, were Marissa Cantrell, Pamela Douthitt, Cynthia Facemyer, Daniel Fulton, Jessica Simons, Charlene Smith, Laura Tuljak.
- Frances Moxley as a substitute cook for the 2016-17 school year pending proper certification.
- Sherri Sisson as a substitute aide for the 2016-17 school year pending proper certification.
- The 8th Grade Trip Proposal to Washington D.C.
- A leave of absence for Sheila Connolly.
- First reading on the Board of Education new/updated/revised/deleted bylaws/policies/forms/administrative guidelines, as recommended by NEOLA.
- Open Enrollment students for the 2016-17 school year.
- Minutes of the Sept. 21 regular meeting of the Eastern Local Board of Education.
- Financial reports for the month of September as submitted.
- Amendments to the permanent appropriation resolution and certified revenue to the Meigs County Auditor.
- The five-year forecast and accompanying notes for the October submission to the Ohio Department of Education.
The board entering into executive session prior to approving personnel.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. in the elementary library conference room.