OHIO VALLEY — Gallia-Meigs Community Action Agency has received a grant to help low income applicants with their water bill. This is a one-time payment. The funds are available starting immediately and will be available through Aug. 31, 2019, or until funds are depleted.
Requirements for the program are as follows:
1. All applicants must be under the 125 percent poverty ratio level;
2. You must be in disconnect status or water has to be turned off;
3. GMCAA can pay up to $200 if this will guarantee that the applicant will have their water on for 30 days;
4. If an applicant owes over the $200, they will be responsible for paying the difference before we can approve payment.
Documents needed for appointment:
1. Proof of income for all household members;
2. SS cards of all household members;
3. Water bill must be in the name of the applicant. Water bill cannot be in landlords name or included in the rent;
4. If payment is approved, an adult over 18 will need to be at the residence if the water has already been turned off.
This covers both Gallia and Meigs Counties.
For an appointment to find out if you qualify, call 740-367-7341, Ext: 115 or 116. All appointments will be handled through the main office in Cheshire.