CHESTER — Meigs Heritage Festival returns to it’s roots at the Chester Courthouse and Academy for this year’s celebration on Saturday, July 15.
The Heritage Festival is a fun Saturday of family activities at Ohio’s oldest standing courthouse. The day begins with breakfast at 8 a.m., a Classic Car Show at 9 a.m., food, homemade ice cream, games, raffles, vendors, and exhibitors until 4 p.m.
After using Eastern High/Elementary School as a venue for several years, Chester Shade Historical Association (CSHA) decided to move the Festival back to it’s original location, according to the news release announcing the event.
CSHA’s mission is to educate and preserve the Ohio’s oldest courthouse and the adjacent academy, and the move was designed to raise awareness of the historical buildings..
Meigs Heritage Festival Schedule of Events
- Breakfast — 8-10 a.m.
- Car Show — 9 a.m.-3 p.m., with registration beginning at 9 a.m. and winners announced at 2:30 p.m.
- Pie Contest — Registration, 9-11 a.m.; judging, 11:30 a.m.; auction, 3:30 p.m.
- Vendors, Exhibitors, Games — 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Meigs Finest — Registration from 10-11 a.m.; Crowning, 11:30 a.m.
- Lunch — Serving begins at 11 a.m.
- State of Ohio Harmonica Contest — Registration, 3-3:30 p.m.; contest begins at 4 p.m.
For more information, visit Meigs Heritage Festival on Facebook, email CSHAHeritageFestival@gmail.com or call (740) 985-9822.
Information submitted by CSHA.