OHIO VALLEY — Gallia Meigs Community Action Agency has received the 2017 Emergency Summer Crisis Program grant for cooling assistance to low income eligible residents.
Debra Cundiff, community services manager, states that the program will run from July 3, and continue through Aug. 31 or until the funds are depleted. There will be air conditioners this program year, however the first priority will be assisting with electric bill, (AEP and BREC). Those wishing to receive an air conditioner, must have an appointment and cannot have received one in the last three years. There is a limited quantity of air conditioners and they go very quickly. Income eligible persons may call to make an appointment for an air conditioner on Friday, June 23. Regular appointments will be made Friday, June 30.
Eligible applicants can be assisted in two ways which are listed below:
- (1) An income eligible household, under 60, where the individual has a current qualifying medical condition/breathing disorder, (ex: Lung disease, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, or asthma), verified within the last three months by a physician documentation from a medical professional (you will be required to have the medical statement on your appointment day, which can be picked up at our Cheshire and Middleport offices and taken to your medical office before your appointment)
OR you may be eligible if you qualify with
- (2) An income eligible household where the applicant is 60 or older.
The income eligible household may receive one payment for electric bill up to the current bill or be a first PIPP Plus customer, but not to exceed $300 (AEP) or $500 (BREC) or may repair your central air up to $300 (homeowner only) or a new window unit if there is no central air. If you are in disconnect status, you will be required to pay the difference before we can assist with our maximum payments.
However, a PIPP PLUS customer with AEP is not eligible for assistance with the electric bill, but may be eligible for a window unit or central air repair.
Required medical forms (blank) May be picked up in our Cheshire office
Appointments can be made by calling our Cheshire Office at 740-367-7341 for Gallia and Meigs Counties. Walk-ins will be taken as time allows.
Eligible clients must bring required documentation at the time of appointment, no exceptions.
Required documentation includes:
- Proof of gross income for everyone in the household for the past three months (Weekly — Last 13 pay stubs/ Bi-Weekly- last 7 pay stubs; SS/SSI/SSD- bank statement or award letter PERS/VA/SERS/PENSION- copy of award letter; college student- financial aid documents; child support/OWF/TANF/DA- print out of the last three months or bank statement)
- Social Security Cards, names and birthdates for everyone in the household
- Current heating bill or statement (Columbia Gas, propane, fuel oil, coal or wood)
- Current electric bill (AEP or Buckeye Rural)
- If you pay for health insurance, documented proof for three months (Spin down (DJFS), Aflac, AARP, Blue Cross Blue Shield, etc).
- Medical card or case number (if applicable)
- Child support, ordered to pay or received (print out documented proof for the last three months, verification of whether receiving or not).
- Landlord’s name, address and phone number (if renting)
- Under 60 needs medical statement dated within the last three months- chronic breathing disorder
Annual income eligibility for one person in the household is $21,105; two persons, $28,420; three persons, $35,735; four persons, $43,050; five persons, $50,365; six persons, $57,680; seven persons, $64,995.50; and eight persons, $72,310.