RACINE — The Southern Local Board of Education recently held it’s November board meeting in Columbus.
The Board approved the following agenda items:
- Minutes of the October meeting, bills, financial statements, bank reconciliation statement and checks for the month of October.
- The donation of a bench for the school from the class of 1996.
- A resolution authorizing the purchase of competitive retail electric services from the lowest responsible bid submitted to Meta Solutions.
- The final reading of changes and revisions to board bylaws and policies as presented.
- The hiring of Beth Bay as a tutor for the Third Grade Reading Tutoring Program as posted and approved.
- The hiring of Dalton Patterson as a substitute custodian pending the completion of all administrative requirements.
The next meeting is scheduled for Dec. 19 at 6:30 p.m.