POMEROY — Meigs Cooperative Parish scholarship applications are available at member churches or can be picked up at the Parish Office, 260 Mulberry Ave., from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesday through Friday.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Applicant must attend a participating church affiliated with the Meigs Cooperative Parish and the church supports the scholarship endowment.
- Applicant must complete a written application.
- Applicant must have completed one year of higher education after high school.
- Priority will be given to students 21 years old and younger.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum grade average of 2.5, with an official transcript provided.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $500 as money is available.
- Awards will be given solely on the basis of the application.
- An interview may be requested.
- Applicant must be a full-time student.
Applicants must return a completed application with an official transcript to the pastor of the church for his/her signature by June 4. The pastor must return the completed application to the Cooperative Parish Office by June 11.
The scholarships will be awarded at the volunteer banquet on July 17. Checks will be sent directly to the institution on the application. The Parish will only write one check per awarded scholarship.