For more than 61 years, The Daily Sentinel has served the people of Meigs County as their primary source of news, as well as a guide to satisfy the community’s appetite for goods and services through advertising of local merchants.
Located in the Ohio Valley in southern Ohio, The Daily Sentinel is published Tuesday thought Friday. On Sundays, the Sentinel joins with its sister newspaper, the Gallipolis (Ohio) Daily Tribune to produce the Sunday Times-Sentinel.
The Sentinel’s offices are located in the city of Pomeroy, Ohio. We also serve the city of Middleport, which gets its name for being the middle port along the majestic Ohio River between Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.
Meigs County is part of the tri-county region with Mason County, W.Va., and Gallia County, Ohio. All three counties border the beautiful Ohio River.
Our goal of giving readers a balanced and fair account of news and information in this county and elsewhere in the world will never change, while the means through which we deliver your community news and information has expanded rapidly. Today, our readers can take their news in print five times a week, through e-mail daily, online and using their mobile devices anytime, as well as through live streaming broadcasts from locations around town. Currently we reach more than 32,514 readers with these various products.
The Daily Sentinel seeks to provide the news the community needs, reported faithfully and fully, with respect for all and favor to none. We strive to be authoritative and insightful, to inform and to delight.
To accomplish this mission, we set for ourselves the following goals:
- To be the indispensable, timely source of information and community coverage, examining all subjects that impact readers.
- To provide community members with information relevant to their daily lives.
- To raise issues aggressively and constructively in matters of public interest.
- To reflect the diversity of our community’s people.
- To ensure that the right information, reaches the right audience, at the time they want it using the wide variety of formats available to us.
Our news and information products have our name on it, however we want you to think of it as yours, too. Use it, enjoy it, and let us know how we can make it better. We are always eager to hear from you.