Secretary of State visits Meigs Board of Elections
‘The More the Scarier’
Recognizing Character Counts Week
Householder rallies GOP
Art on display
- Secretary of State visits Meigs Board of Elections - 2:29 pm
- Local banker receives banking diploma from the OBL - 11:49 am
- ‘The More the Scarier’ - 11:35 am
- Trade Days craft bazaar planned - 10:38 am
- MU’s Mid-Ohio Valley Center celebrates 25 years - 6:26 pm
- Council discusses finances, events - 1:32 pm
- Trick or Treat, Halloween events planned - 1:06 pm
- Mark Porter wins National Recognition - 12:42 pm
- Recognizing Character Counts Week - 5:14 pm
- Householder rallies GOP - 12:45 pm
- For the record - 12:34 pm
- Cancer survivor dinner to be held - 12:22 pm
- New council member appointed in Syracuse - 12:01 pm
- Art on display - 10:11 am
- Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper - 8:15 pm
- Owning the unexpected - 8:00 pm
- Lessons learned on my cancer journey - 8:00 pm
- Gathering in the name of hope - 8:00 pm
- Finding the ‘warrior’ within - 8:00 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Area Halloween activities - 2:00 pm
- Orange Twp. Bicentennial Marker placed - 1:25 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect - 4:27 pm
- Wellness Center serves students, community - 2:45 pm
- Fair board election Nov. 4 - 8:54 am
Householder rallies GOP
ROCKSPRINGS — Ohio Speaker of the House Larry Householder rallied Meigs County Republicans on Thursday evening during the annual fall bean dinne...
For the record
Middleport Police DepartmentOn Oct. 18, Middleport officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle occupied by two male subjects. During the stop offic...
Cancer survivor dinner to be held
ROCKSPRINGS — The annual Meigs County Cancer Survivor dinner will be held on Friday. Nov. 1 in the Meigs High School Cafeteria.The theme for the...
New council member appointed in Syracuse
SYRACUSE — The Village of Syracuse Mayor Eric Cunningham appointed a new council member to fill the vacant seat.Cunningham appointed Heather Cun...
Art on display
MIDDLEPORT — Local talent was on display during the recent Art in the Village fall art show held at the Riverbend Arts Council in Middleport....
Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper
OHIO VALLEY — Inside today’s newspaper is Ohio Valley Publishing’s annual Breast Cancer Awareness special edition.Each year, the sta...
Rio women finish 22nd at Western Shootout
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — The University of Rio Grande women’s bowling program posted a 22nd place finish in the Columbia 300 Western Shootout,...
Black Knights advance to finals
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — It’s different in the postseason.After posting a 7-2 win three days earlier in the regular season finale, the Poin...
Lady Falcons soar past Ravenswood
MASON, W.Va. — Sending the regular season out in style.The Wahama volleyball team ended its regular season with a straight games victory over no...
OVP lands 12 district golfers
The Ohio Valley Publishing area had a dozen people chosen to the Southeast Ohio District Golf Coaches Association teams, as voted on by the coaches wi...
Lady Eagles win D-3 district title
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Eastern produced seven of the eight local regional qualifiers and one team title on Saturday at the 2019 Division III Southea...
Faulk birth announced
Briggston Charles Faulk, the son of Cacy Austin and Amanda Dawn (Windon) Faulk, was born on Sept. 14, 2019, at OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital in ...
DAR hears 19th Amendment presentation
The meeting was called to order by Registrar Opal Grueser in absence of both Gina Tillis, Rgent, and Lynne Brinker, Vice Regent. The Star Spangled Ban...
OVBC announces cash dividend
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio― On Oct. 15, Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per common share payabl...
Flu season arrives
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce and Fruth Pharmacy announce a partnership to benefit area employers and their empl...
Managing winter heating costs
Columbia Gas is encouraging customers to prepare for the upcoming winter heating season by taking control of their home energy costs. Assistance is av...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Love doesn’t hurt
Have you ever witnessed a dog that has had a traumatic past? Or one that has not been exposed to human kindness and love? Many time’s when one e...
Education with a Purpose
The Meigs County Health Department’s (MCHD) mission is, “To preserve, promote, and protect the health and well-being of Meigs County”...
When adults bully adults, kids suffer
October is National Bullying Prevention Month.“Every day thousands of young people experience bullying from their peers while at school, after s...
National Bullying Prevention Month
According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, a bully is, “one who is habitually cruel, insulting, or threatening to others who are weaker...
‘There is no right or wrong way to feel’
From the moment my doctor said I needed a biopsy I became detached. I felt like an observer. I noted the information and scheduled for the procedure l...
Search the Scriptures: ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ revisited
It turns out that “The Emperor’s New Clothes,” may be a rather optimistic take on the human condition.Rather than acknowledging the ...