Art on display
Orange Twp. Bicentennial Marker placed
ODE chancellor visits Rio
Cleland, Eblin crowned SHS royalty
Scenes from Bob Evans Farm Festival
- Art on display - 10:11 am
- Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper - 8:15 pm
- Owning the unexpected - 8:00 pm
- Lessons learned on my cancer journey - 8:00 pm
- Gathering in the name of hope - 8:00 pm
- Finding the ‘warrior’ within - 8:00 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Area Halloween activities - 2:00 pm
- Orange Twp. Bicentennial Marker placed - 1:25 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect - 4:27 pm
- Wellness Center serves students, community - 2:45 pm
- Fair board election Nov. 4 - 8:54 am
- Celebrating the road to recovery - 5:34 pm
- Trick or Treat, Halloween events planned - 10:11 am
- Girl Scouts complete service project - 9:34 am
- Racine Southern FFA Chapter competes in soil competitions - 9:33 am
- Speaker of the House to address Meigs Republican Party Fall Dinner - 9:16 am updated: 11:13 am.
- Rio closes Lyne Center, report of carbon monoxide - 5:39 pm
- ‘Shelter Animals’ named official Meigs Pet - 4:39 pm
- Meigs Board approves agenda items - 3:23 pm
- Remembering Vera Crow - 3:20 pm
- Southern Homecoming 2019 - 12:02 pm
- Cleland, Eblin crowned SHS royalty - 10:01 am
- Poet’s Night Out planned - 10:17 pm
- Farm festivities in Gallia - 6:16 pm
Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect
OHIO — Ohio’s new “Tobacco 21” law takes effect on Thursday, Oct. 17, raising the age to purchase cigarettes, other tobacco pr...
Wellness Center serves students, community
RACINE — The Southern Local School Wellness Center recently held its semi-annual Health Advisory Council meeting last week with 26 members in at...
Fair board election Nov. 4
ROCKSPRINGS — The annual election of directors for the Meigs County Agricultural Society will be held on Monday, Nov. 4.The election of director...
Celebrating the road to recovery
GALLIPOLIS — Holzer Health System joined the National Rehabilitation Awareness Foundation, sponsor of National Rehabilitation Awareness Celebrat...
Trick or Treat, Halloween events planned
MEIGS COUNTY — Trick or Treat and many other Halloween activities are planned in the next few weeks around Meigs County.Reedsville, Rutland and ...
Girl Scouts complete service project
Girl Scouts from Troop 1006 recently completed their September service project, collecting non-perishable food items and distributing the items in the...
Week 8 prep football scores
WEST VIRGINIABerkeley Springs 40, Hampshire 12Bluefield 35, Tazewell, Va. 7Braxton County 21, Grafton 14Bridgeport 49, Elkins 14Buffalo 13, Tolsia 6Ca...
Blue Devils blast Rock Hill, 48-7
PEDRO, Ohio — Spreading the wealth.The Gallia Academy football team had 11 different players touch the ball on offense on Friday night in Lawren...
Eagles roll past Miller, 49-14
HEMLOCK, Ohio — Connect four complete.The Eastern football team won its fourth straight decision on Friday in Perry County, with the Eagles defe...
Vikings blank River Valley, 30-0
McARTHUR, Ohio — Another night of offensive struggles.The River Valley football team was held scoreless for a third consecutive game as host Vin...
Wildcats scratch Southern, 42-12
RACINE, Ohio —The Tornadoes simply dug themselves into a hole too deep to escape.The Southern football team trailed Tri-Valley Conference Hockin...
Flu season arrives
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce and Fruth Pharmacy announce a partnership to benefit area employers and their empl...
Managing winter heating costs
Columbia Gas is encouraging customers to prepare for the upcoming winter heating season by taking control of their home energy costs. Assistance is av...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
Gallia Legislative Town Hall
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, along with Holzer Medical Center, will host the 2019 Gallia County Chamber Legislative Town ...
Be a HERo and fight breast cancer
Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death among women in the U.S. which is why Gordmans, as part of the Stage community of stores, is ...
Search the Scriptures: ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ revisited
It turns out that “The Emperor’s New Clothes,” may be a rather optimistic take on the human condition.Rather than acknowledging the ...
When we do things by The Book
One of the exciting prospects of studying God’s Word is discovery. I often approach Bible study with the prayer, “Lord, what will you let ...
God’s Kids Korner: Never give up
Can you remember a time when you wanted something? I mean REALLY wanted something so much that you thought you could not live without it? It might hav...
Cross Words: God still requires acceptable worship
The book of Leviticus is a challenging read. It’s a detailed history describing the priesthood, offerings, sacrifices, and other laws given by G...
A Hunger for More: Spirituality is a practical affair
Spirituality is a practical affair. Does that sound like a strange statement? Often, when talking about spiritual things with people, someone will exp...
She was more than just a dog
The air has turned crisp as the sun rises and sets each day, and my yard is filled with leaves from a gigantic maple tree that stands behind my house,...