The role of bee inspectors
A new home for memorabilia
Suspect wanted after multi-county pursuit
A piece of history
The Hoop Project returns
- “Wellness Wednesday” live stream discusses working and physical activity - 12:38 pm
- OVBC announces cash dividend - 12:32 pm
- FAO provides post-secondary scholarships for over 260 students across Appalachian Ohio - 12:18 pm
- The role of bee inspectors - 12:15 pm
- Elks award scholarships - 9:36 am
- Middleport Council discusses projects - 2:29 pm
- Chamber hosts lunch and learn series - 2:21 pm
- Covered by Love to perform at Mayor’s Night - 1:55 pm
- A new home for memorabilia - 1:14 pm
- The Belle of Cincinnati returns to Gallipolis - 1:05 pm
- Suspect wanted after multi-county pursuit - 7:27 pm updated: 9:19 pm.
- Two-vehicle fatal crash reported in Jackson County - 5:00 pm
- Delta variant identified in Gallia County - 3:50 pm
- A piece of history - 2:48 pm updated: 9:38 am.
- Highway Patrol announces promotions - 12:16 pm
- Doeffinger headlines ‘Hot Summer Nights’ - 12:03 pm
- Officers visit with children at Farmers’ Market - 1:42 pm
- Funds doubled for small business grant programs - 12:21 pm
- Eastern Board approves personnel matters - 12:18 pm
- ODOT outlines 5 year plan to focus on walking and biking - 10:44 am
- Job fair to be held July 30 - 3:53 pm
- The Hoop Project returns - 3:31 pm
- For the Record - 2:39 pm
- State auditor promises transparency during Gallipolis visit - 3:56 pm
- Middleport to explore sewer expansion - 3:11 pm
The Belle of Cincinnati returns to Gallipolis
GALLIPOLIS — With the dropping of COVID-19 restrictions in the area, life has picked up in Gallia County and across the nation, and with it, a r...
Two-vehicle fatal crash reported in Jackson County
OAK HILL — The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a two vehicle fatal crash that occurred on TR-327 near SR-279 in Jackson County at app...
Delta variant identified in Gallia County
OHIO VALLEY — The COVID-19 “Delta variant” has been identified in Gallia County, according to a statement from the Gallia County Hea...
A piece of history
PORTLAND, OHIO — The Civil War came to Ohio in July 1863. While the state had provided numerous troops, they had not been called on to fight in ...
Highway Patrol announces promotions
OHIO VALLEY — The Ohio State Highway Patrol recently announced the promotion of several officers, including two with ties to the Gallipolis Post...
Herd picked to win C-USA East Division
DALLAS, Texas — A rematch in the making?If a preseason media poll is any indication, the Marshall football team will have its chance for revenge...
Meigs Post 39 pummels Glouster, 11-1
LANCASTER, Ohio — The start to the postseason couldn’t have gone much better.The Meigs Post 39 American Legion baseball team opened the di...
OVP Prep Football Schedules
Gallia Academy Blue DevilsAug. 20vs. Meigs7 p.m.Aug. 27at Athens7 p.m.Sept. 3at Point Pleasant7 p.m.Sept. 10vs. Chesapeake7 p.m.Sept. 17vs. Portsmouth...
Post 39 blanks Glouster, 6-0
GLOUSTER, Ohio — A four-pitcher gem, and a fourth straight win.The Meigs Post 39 baseball team won its fourth consecutive game on Thursday in At...
Solich retires, Tim Albin named Bobcats head coach
ATHENS, Ohio — A new era for Ohio football.Ohio University head football coach Frank Solich announced today that he is stepping down from his po...
Post 39 sweeps Jackson, 3-2
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — A little closer, but nothing changed since the first go-round.The Meigs Post 39 baseball team — which swept Jackson Po...
Middleport Yard of the Week
MIDDLEPORT — Each week throughout the summer property owners in the village of Middleport are recognized for the care they take of their yards.W...
College news and notes
Ohio University students win competitive Air Force ROTC scholarshipATHENS — Ohio University’s Air Force ROTC Detachment 650 announced the ...
College News and Notes
Marshall University announces spring President’s ListHUNTINGTON — Marshall University recently announced it’s Spring 2021 President&...
College News and Notes
Ohio University announces Dean’s List recipients ATHENS — More than 7,800 students qualified for the spring semester 2021 Dean’s Lis...
Eastern hosts baseball camp
Eastern High School hosted a baseball camp for area youth earlier this week, with sessions for grades 3-5 and 6-9. A total of 56 kids were registered ...
Spiritual stamina is a relevant concern
From a great verse of Scripture located at Jeremiah 12:5, God asked Jeremiah a pointed question, “If you have run with the footmen, and they hav...
Search the Scriptures: Of Pharisees and the law
Jesus was frequently critical of the Pharisees, and it was with members of the Pharisaical party that He seemingly had the most interpersonal clashes....
Reader shares thoughts on COVID-19 vaccine
Dear Editor,To the (unvaccinated) people of Gallia County, workers, travelers and patients who come to Gallia County:Please GET YOUR COVID-19 VACCINE!...
Meigs Health Matters… Swimming pool safety
The number of private swimming pools in the U.S. has skyrocketed since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. What better way to spend time during a ...
His amazing grace
Ever wonder why some endeavors, no matter how straight a path you walk, seem doomed to failure? You’ve done and said the right things, gone abou...
Watch your language!
It is disappointing to hear the incessant barrage of irresponsible speech. Even the people of the church have forgotten what the principles of Godly s...