Recognizing Character Counts Week
Householder rallies GOP
Art on display
Orange Twp. Bicentennial Marker placed
ODE chancellor visits Rio
- MU’s Mid-Ohio Valley Center celebrates 25 years - 6:26 pm
- Council discusses finances, events - 1:32 pm
- Trick or Treat, Halloween events planned - 1:06 pm
- Mark Porter wins National Recognition - 12:42 pm
- Recognizing Character Counts Week - 5:14 pm
- Householder rallies GOP - 12:45 pm
- For the record - 12:34 pm
- Cancer survivor dinner to be held - 12:22 pm
- New council member appointed in Syracuse - 12:01 pm
- Art on display - 10:11 am
- Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper - 8:15 pm
- Owning the unexpected - 8:00 pm
- Lessons learned on my cancer journey - 8:00 pm
- Gathering in the name of hope - 8:00 pm
- Finding the ‘warrior’ within - 8:00 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Area Halloween activities - 2:00 pm
- Orange Twp. Bicentennial Marker placed - 1:25 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect - 4:27 pm
- Wellness Center serves students, community - 2:45 pm
- Fair board election Nov. 4 - 8:54 am
- Celebrating the road to recovery - 5:34 pm
- Trick or Treat, Halloween events planned - 10:11 am
- Girl Scouts complete service project - 9:34 am
- Racine Southern FFA Chapter competes in soil competitions - 9:33 am
Art on display
MIDDLEPORT — Local talent was on display during the recent Art in the Village fall art show held at the Riverbend Arts Council in Middleport....
Owning the unexpected
GALLIA COUNTY — Jodie Penrod is a woman who wears many hats and she will tell you that is a figurative and literal statement.She is a working mo...
Lessons learned on my cancer journey
Lesson one: The importance of regular, yearly checkups.There are many illnesses that have successful outcomes if diagnosed and treated early, and brea...
Gathering in the name of hope
POINT PLEASANT — “A tradition began on Oct. 2 in 1995, on that day West Virginia celebrated their first Breast Cancer Awareness Day, a day...
Finding the ‘warrior’ within
ROCKSPRINGS — For the last few years, a “Breast Cancer Warrior” has been honored at the Meigs High School Volley for the Cure game. ...
Lady Eagles win D-3 district title
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Eastern produced seven of the eight local regional qualifiers and one team title on Saturday at the 2019 Division III Southea...
Gallia County sends 9 to D-2 regionals
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Gallia County had nine athletes qualify for regional competition on Saturday at the 2019 Division II Southeast District Cross...
Ohio Football Prep Polls
DIVISION I1, Mentor (20);8-0;2072, Lakewood St. Edward;7-1;1723, Fairfield (2);8-0;1664, Powell Olentangy Liberty (1);8-0;1415, Cincinnati Elder;7-1;1...
Black Knights roll past Ravenswood, 7-2
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Looking good at just the right time.The Point Pleasant boys soccer team concluded its 2019 regular season campaign on Sa...
Lady Pioneers eliminate Eastern
KINNIKINNICK, Ohio — It was quick, but not entirely painless.The Eastern volleyball team reached double digits only once as host Zane Trace roll...
Ohio stops Flashes, 45-38
ATHENS, Ohio — Back in the win column and back on top of the standings.The Ohio football team bounced back from its Homecoming loss with a 45-38...
OVBC announces cash dividend
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio― On Oct. 15, Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per common share payabl...
Flu season arrives
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce and Fruth Pharmacy announce a partnership to benefit area employers and their empl...
Managing winter heating costs
Columbia Gas is encouraging customers to prepare for the upcoming winter heating season by taking control of their home energy costs. Assistance is av...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
Gallia Legislative Town Hall
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, along with Holzer Medical Center, will host the 2019 Gallia County Chamber Legislative Town ...
Love doesn’t hurt
Have you ever witnessed a dog that has had a traumatic past? Or one that has not been exposed to human kindness and love? Many time’s when one e...
Education with a Purpose
The Meigs County Health Department’s (MCHD) mission is, “To preserve, promote, and protect the health and well-being of Meigs County”...
When adults bully adults, kids suffer
October is National Bullying Prevention Month.“Every day thousands of young people experience bullying from their peers while at school, after s...
National Bullying Prevention Month
According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, a bully is, “one who is habitually cruel, insulting, or threatening to others who are weaker...
‘There is no right or wrong way to feel’
From the moment my doctor said I needed a biopsy I became detached. I felt like an observer. I noted the information and scheduled for the procedure l...
Search the Scriptures: ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ revisited
It turns out that “The Emperor’s New Clothes,” may be a rather optimistic take on the human condition.Rather than acknowledging the ...