Meigs Heritage Festival planned
Fair royalty candidates announced
Noah and the Ark
Big Bend Blues Bash returns Aug. 6 – 7
The last full measure
- WVa regulators OK rate increase for AEP subsidiaries - 9:35 am
- Christian to headline at FAC tonight - 6:16 pm
- Thompson joins PVH team - 3:09 pm
- ‘From sea to shining sea’ via canoe - 2:06 pm
- Tax-free shopping this weekend on ‘back to school’ items - 1:41 pm
- Meigs Heritage Festival planned - 1:21 pm
- Middleport Council holds meeting - 12:15 pm
- Badran joins PVH team - 5:23 pm
- The 158th Meigs County Fair - 2:23 pm
- Girl Scouts complete project judging - 1:50 pm
- Grants to support expansion of mobile response and stabilization services - 1:39 pm
- New water, wastewater infrastructure grant program launched - 1:39 pm
- Victim in reported ‘shooting incident’ dies - 4:29 pm updated: 7:24 pm.
- Traffic stop leads to seizure of suspected drugs - 3:45 pm
- Fair contest registration Friday, Saturday - 3:06 pm
- Fair royalty candidates announced - 3:05 pm
- Ohio University to welcome alumni back to campus for Homecoming 2021 - 1:03 pm
- Noah and the Ark - 4:08 pm
- Gallia fair opens Monday - 3:13 pm
- Big Bend Blues Bash returns Aug. 6 – 7 - 2:41 pm
- Gallia ‘shooting incident’ under investigation - 2:21 pm updated: 5:01 pm.
- Filing deadline Wednesday for November election - 2:04 pm
- Plans underway for Rutland community garden - 1:54 pm
- Ohio Valley History… The first ‘Mother of all Floods’ - 12:56 pm
- ‘Virtual Career Fair’ planned for job seekers, businesses - 10:00 am updated: 1:03 pm.
Girl Scouts complete project judging
MEIGS COUNTY — Meigs County Girl Scouts recently took part in project judging in advance of the 2021 Meigs County Fair.The Overall Outstanding E...
Grants to support expansion of mobile response and stabilization services
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS), in partnership with Ohio Governor Mike DeWine’s C...
New water, wastewater infrastructure grant program launched
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio Governor Mike DeWine recently announced the launch of a new grant program that will invest hundreds of millions of dollars...
Victim in reported ‘shooting incident’ dies
GALLIPOLIS — A male victim who was reportedly injured in a “shooting incident” on Friday, has died, according to Gallia Sheriff Matt...
Traffic stop leads to seizure of suspected drugs
BIDWELL — A Bidwell man has been arrested following a traffic stop on Monday morning where Gallia Sheriff Matt Champlin reports suspected narcot...
Fair contest registration Friday, Saturday
ROCKSPRINGS — Registration for several Meigs County Fair contests — including the Little Miss and Mister contest and Pretty Baby Contest &...
Lancaster pulls away from Post 39, 14-4
LANCASTER, Ohio — The streak is over, but the series is still alive.The Meigs Post 39 baseball team had its five-game winning streak come to an ...
Post 39 holds off Lancaster, 8-7
LANCASTER, Ohio — Some stressful moments, but the streak continues.The Post 39 baseball team won its fifth game in a row on Tuesday at Beavers F...
Herd picked to win C-USA East Division
DALLAS, Texas — A rematch in the making?If a preseason media poll is any indication, the Marshall football team will have its chance for revenge...
Meigs Post 39 pummels Glouster, 11-1
LANCASTER, Ohio — The start to the postseason couldn’t have gone much better.The Meigs Post 39 American Legion baseball team opened the di...
OVP Prep Football Schedules
Gallia Academy Blue DevilsAug. 20vs. Meigs7 p.m.Aug. 27at Athens7 p.m.Sept. 3at Point Pleasant7 p.m.Sept. 10vs. Chesapeake7 p.m.Sept. 17vs. Portsmouth...
Post 39 blanks Glouster, 6-0
GLOUSTER, Ohio — A four-pitcher gem, and a fourth straight win.The Meigs Post 39 baseball team won its fourth consecutive game on Thursday in At...
PVH ‘Employees of the Month’ announced
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Pleasant Valley Hospital (PVH) has announced the Customer Service Employees of the Month as Amanda Lewis from the labora...
College news and notes
Ohio University students win competitive Air Force ROTC scholarshipATHENS — Ohio University’s Air Force ROTC Detachment 650 announced the ...
DKG field trip includes ‘Fur Peace’
The Beta Alpha Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma (DKG) enjoyed a recent field trip and planning meeting. According to a news release sent on behalf of the ...
College News and Notes
Marshall University announces spring President’s ListHUNTINGTON — Marshall University recently announced it’s Spring 2021 President&...
College News and Notes
Ohio University announces Dean’s List recipients ATHENS — More than 7,800 students qualified for the spring semester 2021 Dean’s Lis...
Cross Words: You can stop trying to figure it out
I used to be an early riser. But I’m becoming more of a night owl. It’s common for me to drink a cup of coffee at 10 o’clock and go ...
Meigs Health Matters… Back to school vaccinations
If routine vaccinations escaped your mind during the pandemic, you are not alone. Unfortunately, regular vaccination numbers fell during 2020 all acro...
Search the Scriptures: Listen to God’s message
The prophet Amos had not always been a prophet. He started out his working life as herdsman and a tree pruner in the nation of Judah. But God called h...
Be a giver of mercy
I was given definite orders not to relate the following anecdote. So, I am not going to tell it. Nonetheless, the name of “the person” wil...
God’s Kids Korner: Understanding The Lord’s Prayer
Most of you have heard or even know the Lord’s Prayer. It is in the Bible in two different places: Luke 11:1-4 and Matthew 6: 9-15. Jesus was a ...
Cross Words: Trust God more than yourself
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight y...