Bringing home a fallen hero
4th of July plans announced
WWII soldier’s long journey home
‘The Ragged Old Flag’
Capturing a moment in time
- Local DAR salutes health department - 4:46 pm
- Docking of ‘the Duchess’ - 4:38 pm
- Lessons in local history - 4:11 pm
- Middleport approves hiring fiscal officer - 3:10 pm
- Bringing home a fallen hero - 2:58 pm
- 4th of July plans announced - 2:10 pm
- OVB to open new branch in Point Pleasant - 11:51 am
- Paying respect to the fallen - 8:40 pm
- WWII soldier’s long journey home - 2:35 pm updated: 8:30 am.
- History of Flag Day - 12:25 pm updated: 1:35 pm.
- ‘The Ragged Old Flag’ - 12:18 pm
- Livestock report - 12:14 pm
- Constellium boosts Southern athletics - 9:59 am
- Meigs receives Auditor of State Award - 9:00 pm updated: 10:14 am.
- Up on the roof - 4:51 pm
- Meigs County queen takes on nationals - 2:30 pm
- PVH welcomes licensed professional clinical counselor - 5:50 pm
- Let freedom ring… Point’s ‘Liberty Fest’ returns July 4 - 5:28 pm
- OVB presents donation to Square One womens’ domestic violence shelter - 4:39 pm
- Banner applications being accepted - 4:05 pm
- Capturing a moment in time - 2:57 pm
- Three in custody following search of Albany residence - 11:25 am
- Two arrested on drug charges after search of Middleport residence - 11:17 am
- Civil rights leaders don’t budge key senator on voting bill - 2:54 pm
- River Sweep set for Saturday - 1:40 pm
History of Flag Day
Deeply embedded in our American mythos is the story of the seamstress Betsy Ross being commissioned by General George Washington to create a flag for ...
‘The Ragged Old Flag’
POMEROY, Ohio — A tattered American flag waved from the gazebo on the Pomeroy levee during the 2021 Memorial Day ceremonies, and Dan Arnold was ...
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The latest livestock report has been released by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Dat...
Constellium boosts Southern athletics
Constellium recently made a donation to the Southern Local School District’s Athletic Department as part of a program to purchase AED’s fo...
Meigs receives Auditor of State Award
ROCKSPRINGS — The Meigs Local School District recently received the Auditor of State Award from the office of State Auditor Keith Faber for a cl...
Up on the roof
The rooftop patio at OVB on the Square is pictured on an usually sunny day (at least compared to this week’s clouds). The patio is perched above...
Additional scenes from the AA meet
Some additional scenes from the 2021 WVSSAC Class AA track and field championships held Thursday and Friday at Laidley Field on the campus of the Univ...
Black Knights win AA title
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — There is something to be said when you are on top of the mountain in the Mountain State.The Point Pleasant boys captured the...
Lady Knights 4th in AA meet
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A record-setting day … even if it didn’t go perfect.The Point Pleasant girls came away with a program-best three...
17 locals named to district softball teams
A total of 17 girls from the Ohio Valley Publishing area were named to the 2021 all-district teams on behalf of the Ohio Southeast District Softball C...
Additional scenes from the Class A championships
Wahama senior Joshua Frye (510) sprints toward the finish line during the Class A 400m finals event on Wednesday night at Laidley Field in Charleston,...
Wahama impacts Class A championships
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The Class A state championships are complete, and Wahama certainly made an impact.The Lady Falcons claimed 13th overall, whi...
Eastern High School honor roll
REEDSVILLE — Eastern High School has announced its fourth quarter honor roll for the 2020-21 school year.All “A” Honor Roll — ...
Brandi Thomas Memorial Scholarship awarded
The Brandi Thomas Memorial Scholarship was recently awarded. This year’s recipient of the $2,000 scholarship is Matthew Jackson of Racine. Jacks...
Holzer Nursing class of 1971 holds reunion
Seven classmates of the Holzer Medical Center School of Nursing Class of 1971 met recently in Ronks, PA, for their 50th reunion. Kneeling L to R: Shar...
Eagles club awards scholarships
POMEROY — The Pomeroy Eagles Club, Aerie 2171, and the Eagles Ladies Auxiliary have awarded their annual scholarships for 2021.Each recipient wi...
OVB names Gallia, Mason, Meigs scholars
OHIO VALLEY — Ohio Valley Bank recently announced winners of its 2021 Ohio Valley Bank 4-H Scholarship awards from Gallia, Mason and Meigs count...
God’s Kids Korner: Soccer goals, life, and the Bible
I bet a lot of you play soccer. It is a very popular sport all over the world and here locally for kids to play on teams in the spring and fall. The a...
Cross Words: Selecting songs for Sunday morning
The songs we sing on a Sunday morning influence what we believe about God. They communicate God’s Word. They preach. And because of this, we mus...
‘We all want to return to normal’
Kids fear some crazy things. I remember as a child being afraid of the green giant on the side of a box in my bedroom closet. That fear vanished as I ...
The ‘OVP COVID Update’ — the end of an era
This week marks a milestone in what has been a trying last 15 months for so many, including those of us in the world of local journalism.Friday, June ...
A Hunger for More: In both theory and practice
There is a difference between our culture’s idea of what it means to live life well and what the Bible says about it. For example, the Bible adm...
Meigs Health Matters… The rabies virus
The Rabies virus is one of the oldest diseases recorded in human history. Rabies is a viral disease of mammals that is most often transmitted through ...