Pomeroy heats up for ‘Cabin Fever Fest’
Pioneering black NASA mathematician dies
Village truck recovered from river
Moving on up!
Lincoln Day Dinner
- Guilty plea in aggravated vehicular homicide case - 5:55 pm
- Sheriff’s office investigating timber thefts - 5:34 pm
- Man arrested after threat involving DJFS - 3:44 pm
- Council hears from Buckeye Hills - 9:35 am
- Nurse Honor Guard - 10:41 pm
- The 3rd annual Cabin Fever Fest - 9:19 pm
- Pomeroy heats up for ‘Cabin Fever Fest’ - 9:19 pm
- Meeting set on proposed Mid-Ohio Valley Port District - 5:16 pm
- Eastern Board approves personnel matters - 12:37 pm
- View Story - 12:22 pm
- Grant applications now available - 11:10 am
- Southern receives Auditor of State Award - 9:00 pm
- 11th Discover Appalachia Travel Expo returns - 7:16 pm
- Expanding Rio’s nursing future - 6:49 pm
- ‘Crankshaft’ joins the comics page - 4:50 pm
- Nearly 400 applications submitted for Banner Project - 2:58 pm
- Village truck recovered from river - 11:48 am updated: 12:05 pm.
- Suicide prevention walk returns to Rio - 5:44 pm
- Lincoln Day Dinner - 10:46 am updated: 11:49 am.
- Graffiti sparks threat rumor - 3:54 pm
- Mid-Ohio valley farmers’ regional grain conference - 5:32 pm
- Bend Area Rotary turns 90 - 3:52 pm
- Residents warned of scam - 2:34 pm
- Council shows support for Farmers’ Market - 2:33 pm
- Commissioners place sheriff’s office on quarterly spending plan - 12:51 pm
RACINE — Racine Village Council met in recessed session, accepting the resignation of a council member.The only official action taken was accept...
Grant applications now available
NELSONVILLE — The Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO) has announced that grant applications for the Donald R. Myers Legacy Fund to Support Par...
Southern receives Auditor of State Award
RACINE — Southern Local School District recently received the Auditor of State Award from Auditor of State Keith Faber’s Office following ...
Expanding Rio’s nursing future
U.S. Congressman of the Ohio Sixth District Bill Johnson visited the University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College Monday for a tour of th...
‘Crankshaft’ joins the comics page
If you like your newspaper’s comic strips locally sourced along with your produce, you’re in luck.Starting this week, The Daily Sentinel, ...
Marauders fall at Vinton County, 60-56
McARTHUR, Ohio — Tied for third after another close contest.The Meigs boys basketball team — which fell to Vinton County by a 71-68 count ...
Sissonville ousts Lady Knights, 64-40
SISSONVILLE, W.Va. — The third time wasn’t the charm after all.The Point Pleasant girls basketball team — which fell to Sissonville ...
Rio women draw Asbury in RSC Tournament
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande will entertain Asbury University in the quarterfinal round of the River States Conference Women&...
Tornadoes fall at Trimble, 63-46
GLOUSTER, Ohio — Not the send off the Tornadoes had hoped for.Having already been eliminated from the postseason, the Southern boys basketball t...
Wheelersburg ousts Marauders, 55-32
WAVERLY, Ohio — Another year ended by those pesky Pirates.The 13th-seeded Meigs boys basketball team had its postseason come to an end in the Di...
Meigs 8th grade wins tournament, league
The Meigs Marauders 8th grade boys basketball team completed the 2019-20 season on Saturday with a championship win at the Logan Middle School Basketb...
Meigs 7th grade wins tournament, TVC Ohio
The Meigs Marauders 7th Grade Boys Basketball team completed with 2019-20 season on Saturday as champions of the 5th annual Logan Middle School Basket...
Meigs 3rd grade finishes undefeated season
The Meigs 3rd Grade Boys Basketball finished an undefeated season in the Big Bend Basketball League as well as their four post season tournament games...
College News and Notes
Ridenour named to Dean’s ListKatherine Ridenour of Chester, Ohio, was named to the Fall Semester Dean’s List as a freshman at Huntington U...
Hunter inducted into SME Young Leaders Committee Class of 2020
Jacob A. Hunter has been inducted into the Young Leaders Committee Class of 2020. The Young Leaders Committee (YLC) was created in 1998 with the chart...
Election letters policy
The deadline for Ohio Valley Publishing to receive election-related Letters to the Editor pertaining to issues or candidates in the March 17 primary e...
Plants need to breathe
Plants breathe through their roots. If there’s a piece of knowledge that separates “green thumb” gardeners from the rest of us, it...
Goose bumps after 40 years
Forty years past, and the memories are still vivid.I do not remember exactly where I was on Feb. 22, 1980, but I remember practically holding my breat...
Protecting your Social Security
During his campaign, President Trump promised to protect Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. He has broken that promise over and over.The Trump A...
Iron deficiency anemia
Iron deficiency anemia is a very common type of anemia. As the name implies, it occurs when the blood lacks sufficient iron. Without enough iron a bod...
Search the Scriptures: Before the trial
One of the maxims of the Old Testament, frequently misunderstood, is that of, “an eye for an eye.” The full quote, “but if there is ...