Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
Southern Hall of Fame welcomes Hill, Sayre… Class of 2022
- Eastern graduates 62 - 4:59 pm
- ‘In Flanders Fields’ - 4:39 pm
- Clarence E. Hayman - 10:24 am
- Southern graduates 56 - 12:30 pm
- Teachers ‘paying it forward’ - 4:22 pm
- Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman - 4:21 pm
- 123 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Sheriff’s office participates in enforcement program - 8:36 am
- Commissioners approve finance items - 8:53 am
- Southern FFA helps with Ag Day - 3:33 pm
- Meigs Board of Ed. approves personnel - 12:31 pm
- Southern holds academic banquet - 3:37 pm
- Free suicide awareness, prevention training available - 2:15 pm
- Second arrest made in homicide case - 8:56 am
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
- “Celebrate Recovery” event - 3:36 pm
- Pomeroy Fire Department celebrates 175th anniversary - 12:42 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- MCIYS obtains non-profit status - 4:07 pm
- 1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Southern Board of Ed. approves agenda items - 12:10 pm
- Registration open for watershed camp - 10:52 am
- Meigs Prom royalty crowned - 10:50 am
- PVH warns of phone scams - 9:15 am
- Commissioners approve financial items - 9:01 am
Southern FFA helps with Ag Day
POMEROY — Last week, Meigs County Ag Day was held at the Meigs County Fairgrounds in Pomeroy.Ag Day was put together by the Athens-Meigs Farm Bu...
Meigs Board of Ed. approves personnel
POMEROY — The Meigs Local Board of Education meet last week to approve personnel.Present during the meeting were board members Ryan Mahr, Roger ...
Southern holds academic banquet
RACINE — The Southern Local School District celebrated it’s top achieving academic students at the school’s annual academic banquet ...
Free suicide awareness, prevention training available
GALLIPOLIS — The Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) received funding from the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio’s (FAO) Cause Connector ...
Second arrest made in homicide case
POMEROY — Meigs County Sheriff Keith Wood reported on May 13, the Major Crimes Task Force and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation identifi...
‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The West Virginia Vietnam Veterans Traveling Wall will be at The Quality Inn in Gallipolis on Friday and Saturday.The display...
Locals land 18 on TVC Hocking teams
The Ohio Valley Publishing area landed 18 total selections on the All-Tri-Valley Conference Hocking Division baseball and softball teams for the 2022 ...
Lady Wildcats compete at state meet
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Not very often you get to compete for a state title.The Hannan girls track and field team had one individual and one relay t...
Valley topples Tornadoes, 6-2
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — Contact wasn’t the problem. The problem revealed itself after contact occurred.The Southern baseball team committed fo...
Gerlach wins discus on Day 1
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — For the first time in a long time, a White Falcon stood at the top of the podium.Junior Rowen Gerlach took home the top spot...
Point captures 11 state titles
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Not all of the pieces fell into place, but plenty of school records fell by the wayside nonetheless.The boys didn’t re...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Meigs High School Honor Roll
Meigs High School announces the second nine weeks honor roll as follows:Freshmen: Kadence Allen, Abigail Barber, Brady Barnett, Lindsay Barnhart, Tess...
RACO plans spring yard sale, food drive
The Racine Area Community Organization held its regular monthly meeting recently at the Kathryn Hart Community Center. The secretary and treasurerR...
Brooks-Grant Camp officers
Officers for Brooks-Grant Camp No. 7, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Middleport, Ohio are pictured. Front row, Senior Vice Commander Dale Co...
Father, daughter duo achieve Black Belts
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant branch school of S.H. Kang’s Taekwondo Academy recently announced the newest Black Belts, Chad and Cel...
Christ defangs the bite of prejudice
The major biting shortcoming of co-existence among the people of varying ethnic, racial, social, and religious characteristics has to do with prejudic...
Search the Scriptures: A celebration of salvation
When God gave the Law to Israel, speaking from the mountain, proclaiming those edicts which would become known as the Ten Commandments, the book of Ex...
God’s Kids Korner: Filled with the Holy Spirit
Before Jesus returned to heaven to be with his Father, He told his disciples in John 14:12 that they would do even greater things than He had done whe...
Patiently wait on God
One of the Psalmist wrote that he cried to God for deliverance from “innumerable evils.”Then, within the context of his experiences, he no...
Holzer to host free skin cancer screening
JACKSON — The month of May is recognized as Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Skin cancer is the most common cancer among people in the United States...
Meigs Health Matters… Fresh produce
At some point in your life, you have most likely heard how important it is to include fruits and vegetables in your diet. But why? No matter where you...