‘Sunny Oaks’ objection period open
Special prosecutor requested in jail investigation
Real world experience
Partnership announced to utilize former GDC cottages
Commissioners hear from FFA officers
- The robotics revolution - 6:47 pm
- College News and Notes - 12:10 pm
- Real world experience - 10:00 am
- Flu, strep throat on the rise - 3:57 pm updated: 4:00 pm.
- Bids opened for sale of former dealership - 3:07 pm
- Commissioners hear from FFA officers - 8:01 pm
- Racine Council holds meeting - 5:54 pm
- Chief Justice presents grant funds - 5:27 pm
- Two injured in crash - 2:16 pm updated: 3:48 pm.
- Wolfe promoted to personal banker - 10:29 am
- OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital raises minimum wage to $15 per hour - 9:19 am
- Working together to support area youth - 1:13 pm
- Operation Warm brings coats to kids - 7:49 pm
- Trees to Textbooks invests in local schools, communities - 9:58 am
- Pomeroy Council holds first meeting of 2020 - 8:40 am
- Meigs Primary receives Purple Star Award - 8:34 am
- History on display - 2:41 pm
- HEAP winter crisis program continues - 11:16 am
- College News and Notes - 10:12 am
- Remembering grandpa and raising awareness - 8:46 am
- Deadline to purchase dog tags approaching - 8:26 am
- Southern recognizes students, board - 2:54 pm
- Coleman to keynote NAACP MLK Day Celebration - 5:11 pm
- Meigs County Community Fund opens annual grant round - 2:02 pm
- Council members sworn in - 10:03 am
OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital raises minimum wage to $15 per hour
ATHENS — OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital announced that on Jan. 16, AFSCME 1252 bargaining unit members ratified a proposal by the hospital ...
Working together to support area youth
MASON, W.Va. — Following another successful year of Shop with a Cop, Loyalty is Forever recognized those who help to make the event possible for...
Operation Warm brings coats to kids
MEIGS COUNTY — Through the collaborative effort of many individuals and agencies, children in Meigs County will have new coats this winter.The c...
Trees to Textbooks invests in local schools, communities
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Fourteen rural Ohio school districts and their corresponding counties and townships will share more than $1.5 million from the ...
Pomeroy Council holds first meeting of 2020
POMEROY — Beginning of the year administration was the primary focus when Pomeroy Village Council met recently.Council announced the Jan. 20 reg...
Marauders top Wellston, 58-50
WELLSTON, Ohio — A nice end to the road stint.The Meigs boys basketball team, playing its last of three straight games away from Larry R. Morris...
Lady Cats sweep South Gallia, 58-34
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — Short-handed … and it showed.The South Gallia girls basketball team played without two starters due to illness, and vi...
Miller avenges Lady Falcons, 46-38
HEMLOCK, Ohio — When things were at their best, they took an unfortunate turn for the worst.The Wahama girls basketball team took a lead into th...
Lady Eagles take down Waterford, 28-24
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio — Another defensive battle, but this time the edge went to the Lady Eagles.The Eastern girls basketball team — which ...
Lady Spartans march past Meigs, 54-43
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — A little bit better the second time around.The Meigs girls basketball team — which dropped a 57-39 decision at Alexand...
Retired teachers discuss floral business changes
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Retired Teachers met on Oct. 10, 2019 at noon at the Gallipolis Quality Inn. President Gail Belville called the m...
Retired teachers December meeting
VINTON — The Gallia County Retired Teachers met on December 4, 2019 at the Vinton Baptist Church.President Gail Belville called the meeting to o...
Bentz to celebrate 100th birthday
Cordelia Curtis Bentz will celebrate her 100th birthday on Wednesday, Jan. 29. Bentz is a graduate of the Pomeroy High School class of 1937. A celebra...
Kaylors celebrate 50th anniversary
The children of Terry and Linda Kaylor are pleased to announce their parents 50th wedding anniversary. Terry and Linda were married in Tuppers Plains ...
OVBC announces cash dividend
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — On Jan. 14, 2020, Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per common share...
Search the Scriptures: A word fitly spoken
Mary Poppins famously sang, “A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, “ a helpful reminder that sometimes difficult or arduous task...
Just be faithful
If each person who professed Christ as Lord and Savior would just be faithful to God, it would make a tremendous difference for spiritual good, not on...
A Hunger for More: Where do you turn?
Having spent what seems to me a great deal of time in hospital emergency rooms, I have learned to appreciate to some extent the solemnity associated w...
God’s Kids Korner: He knows our hearts
Our Scripture for this week is Matthew 4: 12-23. Jesus is beginning His public ministry, and He needs some people He knows that He can lead and teach ...
Cross Words: This is your invitation to rest
My Fitbit watch tracks my sleep. I got 6 hours and 19 minutes of sleep last night. Not too bad. The National Sleep Foundation suggests 7 to 9 hours of...
Citrus albedo is better than you thought
Citrus fruits are among the world’s most popular fruits. Oranges are the king of the juicy orbs. They have grown on orange trees for thousands o...