Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
Southern Hall of Fame welcomes Hill, Sayre… Class of 2022
- Sheriff’s office participates in enforcement program - 8:36 am
- Commissioners approve finance items - 8:53 am
- Southern FFA helps with Ag Day - 3:33 pm
- Meigs Board of Ed. approves personnel - 12:31 pm
- Southern holds academic banquet - 3:37 pm
- Free suicide awareness, prevention training available - 2:15 pm
- Second arrest made in homicide case - 8:56 am
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
- “Celebrate Recovery” event - 3:36 pm
- Pomeroy Fire Department celebrates 175th anniversary - 12:42 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- MCIYS obtains non-profit status - 4:07 pm
- 1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Southern Board of Ed. approves agenda items - 12:10 pm
- Registration open for watershed camp - 10:52 am
- Meigs Prom royalty crowned - 10:50 am
- PVH warns of phone scams - 9:15 am
- Commissioners approve financial items - 9:01 am
- 4th of July celebration planning underway - 12:34 pm
- 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Southern Prom Royalty - 12:23 pm
- Home, garden show coming Saturday - 11:17 am
- Commissioners recognize Child Abuse Prevention Month - 7:25 am
- Meigs Co. unofficial Primary Election results - 3:17 pm
- Meigs Board of Ed. approves agenda items - 11:45 am
Pomeroy Fire Department celebrates 175th anniversary
POMEROY — Seven decades of Pomeroy firemen gathered on Saturday, April 30 to celebrate the 175th anniversary of the Pomeroy Fire Department at t...
Dinner cruise tickets now on sale
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Point Pleasant River Museum has announced plans for a dinner cruise on July 25 aboard the Belle of Cincinnati.The Di...
MCIYS obtains non-profit status
POMEROY — Meigs County Innovative Youth Society (MCIYS) was the focus on opening day of the Meigs County Farmers Market (MCFM). Since the Market...
Southern Board of Ed. approves agenda items
RACINE — The Board of Education of the Southern Local School District, met last month to approve financial items and personnel.Present during th...
Registration open for watershed camp
RUTLAND — The Meigs Soil and Water Conservation District has now opened registration for the annual summer watershed camp.The Watershed Camp wil...
Point wins 4 titles on Day 1
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — If Day 1 was any indication, the theme of this mid-week meet is going perfectly.The Point Pleasant track and field programs ...
Wahama returning to state
HARTFORD, W.Va. — As the saying goes, defense wins championships.The Wahama softball team showed this in a 3-1 victory at home against the Man L...
Ohio district track meets begin
And they are off and running.The ‘Buckeye’ side of the Ohio Valley Publishing area has hit full stride as all six area schools have scored...
Lady Falcons blank Man, 2-0
MAN, W.Va. — One more step until the big stage.The Wahama softball team started its regional campaign the right way with a 2-0 road win Tuesday ...
Eastern falls to Huntsmen in 8 innings, 4-3
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — The Eagles just couldn’t finish what they started.The Eastern baseball team built a 3-1 lead through three full frames...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Meigs High School Honor Roll
Meigs High School announces the second nine weeks honor roll as follows:Freshmen: Kadence Allen, Abigail Barber, Brady Barnett, Lindsay Barnhart, Tess...
RACO plans spring yard sale, food drive
The Racine Area Community Organization held its regular monthly meeting recently at the Kathryn Hart Community Center. The secretary and treasurerR...
Brooks-Grant Camp officers
Officers for Brooks-Grant Camp No. 7, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Middleport, Ohio are pictured. Front row, Senior Vice Commander Dale Co...
Father, daughter duo achieve Black Belts
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant branch school of S.H. Kang’s Taekwondo Academy recently announced the newest Black Belts, Chad and Cel...
Search the Scriptures: A celebration of salvation
When God gave the Law to Israel, speaking from the mountain, proclaiming those edicts which would become known as the Ten Commandments, the book of Ex...
God’s Kids Korner: Filled with the Holy Spirit
Before Jesus returned to heaven to be with his Father, He told his disciples in John 14:12 that they would do even greater things than He had done whe...
Patiently wait on God
One of the Psalmist wrote that he cried to God for deliverance from “innumerable evils.”Then, within the context of his experiences, he no...
Holzer to host free skin cancer screening
JACKSON — The month of May is recognized as Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Skin cancer is the most common cancer among people in the United States...
Meigs Health Matters… Fresh produce
At some point in your life, you have most likely heard how important it is to include fruits and vegetables in your diet. But why? No matter where you...
Search the Scriptures: Reasonable people in unreasonable times
It should not be surprising that this fallen world, being at odds as it is with its Creator, is a contentious realm filled with unhappiness, strife an...