Snow event hits region
In step at Tournament of Roses Parade
Meeting the new neighbors
It’s official. Finally. $2.7 billion ‘state-of-the-art’ sheet mill planned
Special Session and potential new jobs for Mason Co.
- Southern BOE approves agenda items - 11:37 am
- 5 deaths, 66 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:23 pm
- Southern Board of Ed’s organizational meeting - 3:57 pm
- ODOT: Work begins to ‘proactively address landslide’ on 218 - 3:24 pm
- Snow event hits region - 5:49 pm
- ODNR reports on muzzleloader season - 4:27 pm
- 509 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Patrol investigating fatal crash in Pomeroy - 3:45 pm
- Gov. Justice resumes briefings, says COVID is ‘tough stuff’ - 3:10 pm
- In step at Tournament of Roses Parade - 4:33 pm
- Ohio Valley History… The Mother-of-All-Floods - 4:26 pm
- 4 deaths, 196 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Helping older neighbors, loved ones, prepare for severe weather - 3:50 pm
- Nucor arrives in Mason Co. - 5:43 pm
- Middleport discusses possible village projects - 4:59 pm
- Commissioners approve public transport positions - 4:50 pm
- 115 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:36 pm
- Meeting the new neighbors - 4:35 pm
- PVH distributing at home COVID-19 test kits - 3:26 pm
- Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses - 2:52 pm
- It’s official. Finally. $2.7 billion ‘state-of-the-art’ sheet mill planned - 6:06 pm
- 122 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Ohio Expands COVID-19 testing locations - 3:22 pm
- Cervical Cancer Awareness Month - 3:15 pm
- WVa tax incentive for manufacturing sent to governor - 5:43 pm
In step at Tournament of Roses Parade
PASADENA, Calif. — A Meigs County teenager recently performed in the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, Calif., in the Music for All Bands ...
Ohio Valley History… The Mother-of-All-Floods
We are no strangers in Mason County to floods. Point Pleasant may not have closed its floodwall since 1997, but it seems that every year, there are a ...
4 deaths, 196 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were four additional deaths associated with COVID-19, as well as 196 new COVID-19 cases, rep...
Helping older neighbors, loved ones, prepare for severe weather
COLUMBUS — The Ohio Department of Aging asked Ohioans to help older neighbors and loved ones prepare for severe weather.According to a news rele...
Nucor arrives in Mason Co.
POINT PLEASANT — On Wednesday, representatives with Nucor Corporation, which is planning a state-of-the-art (steel) sheet mill in Apple Grove es...
Middleport discusses possible village projects
MIDDLEPORT — Middleport Village Council met in regular session earlier this week to discuss possible projects in the village.Present during the ...
Lady Rebels rip Athens, 59-34
THE PLAINS, Ohio — It was practically over before it started.The South Gallia girls basketball team hit five first half trifectas and built a si...
Southern falls to Red Devilettes, 58-45
RACINE, Ohio — The Southern girls basketball team fell at home 58-45 Saturday afternoon to the Ravenswood Lady Devils.The Lady Tornadoes (3-12) ...
Rebels roll past Belpre, 59-48
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — After trying to get in the door for a little over three years, senior Brayden Hammond wasted no time breaking into the club....
Eagles get first win of season
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio — Thirty straight decisions and 695 days.That is how long it has been since the Eastern boys basketball team won a game.The...
Kole Carter named new GAHS football coach
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Kole Carter was unanimously approved to be the next head varsity football coach at Gallia Academy High School on Thursday nig...
Students donate to animal shelters
First graders at Meigs Primary School recently collected items for dogs at the Meigs County Animal Shelter. Items were also collected for cats but tho...
Racine Southern FFA Host Ohio FFA District 10 Leadership Night
RACINE — The Racine Southern FFA Chapter recently hosted a leadership night in the Southern Local Schools Cafeteria.Throughout the year, Ohio FF...
Middleport High School Alumni Banquet held
Labor Day Saturday brought over 120 Middleport High School Alumni and guests “back home” for a very special evening. The Blakeslee Center,...
Thoma 60th anniversary
Guy and Ellen (Young) Thoma, of Rutland, Ohio, recently celebrated their 60th anniversary, having been married on November 19, 1961 in Pomeroy, Ohio.G...
Eastern High School Honor Roll
The Eastern High School Honor Roll for the First Nine Weeks was submitted as follows: All “A” Honor Roll – 12th grade: Dustin Davis,...
Search the Scriptures: Baptism is an appeal to God
In his first epistle, the apostle Peter makes mention of the great deluge in the days of Noah, and how eight individuals were saved from the water, by...
God’s opinion matters most
Opinions gauge what we think. It is reflected in politics. It is reflected in manufacturing. So is TV and radio. People seem gratified to have opportu...
God’s Kids Korner: Just what the doctor ordered
We often hear someone say, “That was just what the doctor ordered.” What do they mean? They usually mean that something happened which was...
Meigs Health Matters… National Blood Donor Month
January is National Blood Donor Month. It is a time to commend the lifesaving impact of blood and platelet donors. Blood donation is a voluntary proce...
Looking back, looking forward
Several times last weekend we heard people discussing everything they hated about 2021 and what hopeful things they are anticipating about 2022.It app...
Come the new year, thoughts of the end
Thirty years ago, I turned 40 and handled it without a scintilla of trepidation. There was a big surprise party for me, organized by my wife at the ti...