Gallia Auditor appointed
Snow event hits region
In step at Tournament of Roses Parade
Meeting the new neighbors
It’s official. Finally. $2.7 billion ‘state-of-the-art’ sheet mill planned
- Promoting local tourism… Meigs Guide being compiled - 4:16 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- 1 death, 253 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Organizational meeting for Meigs Board of Ed - 4:15 pm
- 1 death, 201 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Gallia Auditor appointed - 5:09 pm
- 138 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:08 pm
- Healthy Words to Live By… How often do patients need a pap smear? - 3:08 pm
- Southern BOE approves agenda items - 11:37 am
- 5 deaths, 66 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:23 pm
- Southern Board of Ed’s organizational meeting - 3:57 pm
- ODOT: Work begins to ‘proactively address landslide’ on 218 - 3:24 pm
- Snow event hits region - 5:49 pm
- ODNR reports on muzzleloader season - 4:27 pm
- 509 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Patrol investigating fatal crash in Pomeroy - 3:45 pm
- Gov. Justice resumes briefings, says COVID is ‘tough stuff’ - 3:10 pm
- In step at Tournament of Roses Parade - 4:33 pm
- Ohio Valley History… The Mother-of-All-Floods - 4:26 pm
- 4 deaths, 196 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Helping older neighbors, loved ones, prepare for severe weather - 3:50 pm
- Nucor arrives in Mason Co. - 5:43 pm
- Middleport discusses possible village projects - 4:59 pm
- Commissioners approve public transport positions - 4:50 pm
- 115 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:36 pm
- Meeting the new neighbors - 4:35 pm
Southern Board of Ed’s organizational meeting
RACINE — The Southern Local Board of Education met last week for the annual organizational meeting.Present during the meeting were Denny Evans, ...
ODOT: Work begins to ‘proactively address landslide’ on 218
MARIETTA — A landslide repair project starting Wednesday, Jan. 19 on Ohio 218 in Gallia County is one of dozens of Ohio Department of Transporta...
Snow event hits region
OHIO VALLEY — Winter arrived for Round Two on Sunday into Monday across the Ohio Valley Publishing area.Freezing rain and sleet turned into seve...
ODNR reports on muzzleloader season
COLUMBUS — Ohio hunters completed the 2022 muzzleloader season with 12,141 deer checked from Saturday, Jan. 8 to Tuesday, Jan. 11, according to ...
509 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since Friday’s update, there were 509 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Publishing area on Monday.In Gallia Co...
Patrol investigating fatal crash in Pomeroy
POMEROY — One man is dead after a single-vehicle crash in Pomeroy on Saturday, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP).According to a ...
South Point fends off Blue Angels, 40-33
SOUTH POINT, Ohio — The Gallia Academy girls basketball team suffered a 40-33 road loss Saturday evening to the South Point Lady Pointers in an ...
Blue Devils avenge South Point, 48-39
SOUTH POINT, Ohio — Proving themselves as a formidable foe.Despite losing junior center Isaac Clary to injury in the first quarter, the Gallia A...
Marauders outlast River Valley, 68-62
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — The rust showed, but the Marauders worked through the kinks and eventually found their high gear.After 24 days in between ga...
Bowen inducted into SEOHSBCA hall of fame
Former Eastern varsity baseball coach Brian Bowen — pictured talking with his infielders during a Division IV district semifinal baseball contes...
Lady Rebels sweep Eastern, 68-50
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio — There’s a first time for everything.The South Gallia girls basketball team notched its first season sweep of host E...
Students donate to animal shelters
First graders at Meigs Primary School recently collected items for dogs at the Meigs County Animal Shelter. Items were also collected for cats but tho...
Racine Southern FFA Host Ohio FFA District 10 Leadership Night
RACINE — The Racine Southern FFA Chapter recently hosted a leadership night in the Southern Local Schools Cafeteria.Throughout the year, Ohio FF...
Middleport High School Alumni Banquet held
Labor Day Saturday brought over 120 Middleport High School Alumni and guests “back home” for a very special evening. The Blakeslee Center,...
Thoma 60th anniversary
Guy and Ellen (Young) Thoma, of Rutland, Ohio, recently celebrated their 60th anniversary, having been married on November 19, 1961 in Pomeroy, Ohio.G...
Eastern High School Honor Roll
The Eastern High School Honor Roll for the First Nine Weeks was submitted as follows: All “A” Honor Roll – 12th grade: Dustin Davis,...
Grow a few vegetables indoors this winter
Limited outdoor growing space or cold winters may have you missing fresh homegrown vegetables. Make this the winter you try growing a few vegetables i...
A former student scores again
Until the death of the president of Training, Solutions, Inc. in 2020 and the closing of the company, for decades I frequently taught courses in creat...
Search the Scriptures: A good sermon
What makes a sermon good?Seeing as how sermons constitute such a large percentage of our periods of worship, at least in regards to time, it seems sen...
God’s Kids Korner: Lost and found
Have you ever misplaced something? Of course, you have. We have all done that, haven’t we? Perhaps we were reading a book and put it down and th...
Reducing prescription drug prices
This year, we are finally making progress in our efforts to bring down the cost of prescription drugs for Ohio seniors. We know that too many Ohioans ...
When a cell phone wasn’t needed
One was in our kitchen and one was on the landing at the top of the stairs in my parents home when I was growing up. They were stationed on the wall a...