When ‘Who Dey!’ was immersed in Wilmington
A new chapter… Repurposing for further development
Gallia Auditor appointed
Snow event hits region
- Local author to host ‘launch’ for latest work - 9:27 pm
- Latest unemployment stats for Gallia, Meigs - 4:51 pm
- Gov tells Bette Midler to kiss dog’s ‘hiney’ — and shows it - 4:38 pm
- Cincinnati Bengals fans grow hunger relief - 3:33 pm
- Hosting ‘Winterfest’ - 3:14 pm
- 187 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:08 pm
- When ‘Who Dey!’ was immersed in Wilmington - 3:00 pm
- Appalachian Power files for approval of projects - 4:27 pm
- Commissioners hold organizational, business meetings - 4:21 pm
- 1 death, 181 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:20 pm
- Nearly $15 million of funding to Behavioral Healthcare - 6:40 pm
- Donations support land preservation in SE Ohio - 5:12 pm
- 217 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:51 pm
- Middleport discusses vacant properties - 3:47 pm
- Gov. DeWine announces MARCS Grant recipients - 3:30 pm updated: 3:32 pm.
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy… Excellent results, faster recovery, and less pain - 3:10 pm
- 3 deaths, 97 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:16 pm
- Meigs Public Transit system operational - 4:08 pm
- Gov. DeWine announces MARCS Grant recipients - 3:50 pm updated: 4:04 pm.
- 449 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:51 pm
- Lavender to lead Meigs DJFS - 4:30 pm
- 3rd WVa corrections officer dies of COVID-19 - 4:00 pm
- A new chapter… Repurposing for further development - 2:42 pm
- Primary to include state, county offices - 2:17 pm
- Promoting local tourism… Meigs Guide being compiled - 4:16 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
1 death, 181 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there was one additional death, as well as 181 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Pub...
Nearly $15 million of funding to Behavioral Healthcare
COLUMBUS — Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine on Wednesday announced that $14.9 million in American Rescue Plan (ARPA) Supplemental Block Grants funds will b...
Donations support land preservation in SE Ohio
ATHENS — A newly established fund in memory of a passionate, local young woman and aspiring wildland firefighter will support Athens Conservancy...
217 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were 217 new COVID-19 cases reported in the Ohio Valley Publishing area on Wednesday.In Gall...
Middleport discusses vacant properties
MIDDLEPORT — The Middleport Village Council met in regular session on Monday, discussing vacant properties and other agenda items.Present during...
Gov. DeWine announces MARCS Grant recipients
COLUMBUS — Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine on Tuesday announced the recipients of the 2022 MARCS (Multi-Agency Radio Communications Systems) grant, which ...
Waterford sweeps Lady Rebels, 54-43
WATERFORD, Ohio — A 3-headed monster with a devastating 1-2 punch.Host Waterford had three players amass all but four of its first half points, ...
Saint Albans downs Lady Falcons, 45-22
MASON, W.Va. — The Lady Dragons were not slain on this night.The Wahama girls basketball team dropped a home game to the tune of 45-22 Thursday ...
Marauders win at Crooksville, 76-36
CROOKSVILLE, Ohio — The Meigs boys basketball team picked up a 76-36 road win Thursday evening against the Crooksville Ceramics.The Marauders (8...
Lady Tornadoes fall to Belpre, 43-37
BELPRE, Ohio — The Southern girls basketball team fell 43-37 on the road Thursday evening to the Belpre Lady Eagles in a Tri-Valley Conference H...
Ironton sweeps Blue Angels, 47-31
CENTENARY, Ohio — The Lady Tigers simply had better balance.Visiting Ironton had two players pour in double digits and had eight total reach the...
Students donate to animal shelters
First graders at Meigs Primary School recently collected items for dogs at the Meigs County Animal Shelter. Items were also collected for cats but tho...
Racine Southern FFA Host Ohio FFA District 10 Leadership Night
RACINE — The Racine Southern FFA Chapter recently hosted a leadership night in the Southern Local Schools Cafeteria.Throughout the year, Ohio FF...
Middleport High School Alumni Banquet held
Labor Day Saturday brought over 120 Middleport High School Alumni and guests “back home” for a very special evening. The Blakeslee Center,...
Thoma 60th anniversary
Guy and Ellen (Young) Thoma, of Rutland, Ohio, recently celebrated their 60th anniversary, having been married on November 19, 1961 in Pomeroy, Ohio.G...
Eastern High School Honor Roll
The Eastern High School Honor Roll for the First Nine Weeks was submitted as follows: All “A” Honor Roll – 12th grade: Dustin Davis,...
Search the Scriptures: No longer strangers
In the modern vernacular, the word, “strange,” has come to be synonymous with “weird and unusual,” but it is worth noting that...
God’s Kids Korner: Yes you can!
“I just can’t do it!” Have you ever said that? I’m sure you have because we have all said that at one time or another. Maybe y...
Glimpses of America, 1957
A couple of years ago, one of my sweet and gentle readers, Mary Crider, gave me a large stack of my favorite childhood magazine, Sports Illustrated, m...
Meigs Health Matters… How to motivate your child to exercise
Sometimes, it can be a real challenge for kids (and adults) to get enough daily activity. Some days, I feel like there is no way I can add in one̷...
Protecting Ohioans from surprise medical bills
For years we have worked to protect Ohioans from out of control surprise medical bills, and thanks to the No Surprises Act, which went into effect on ...
Grow a few vegetables indoors this winter
Limited outdoor growing space or cold winters may have you missing fresh homegrown vegetables. Make this the winter you try growing a few vegetables i...