Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
Southern Hall of Fame welcomes Hill, Sayre… Class of 2022
- 1 death, 180 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Memorial Day observances in Pomeroy - 1:37 pm
- Eastern Board of Ed. approves personnel - 9:47 am
- OVB announces 2022 4-H Scholars - 4:46 pm
- Third arrest made in murder case - 4:31 pm
- Agriculture returns to Rio - 9:13 am
- Southern FFA attends commission meeting - 12:58 pm
- PVH installs medication disposal bin - 12:57 pm
- Commissioners sign proclamations - 10:09 am
- Eastern graduates 62 - 4:59 pm
- ‘In Flanders Fields’ - 4:39 pm
- Clarence E. Hayman - 10:24 am
- Southern graduates 56 - 12:30 pm
- Teachers ‘paying it forward’ - 4:22 pm
- Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman - 4:21 pm
- 123 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Sheriff’s office participates in enforcement program - 8:36 am
- Commissioners approve finance items - 8:53 am
- Southern FFA helps with Ag Day - 3:33 pm
- Meigs Board of Ed. approves personnel - 12:31 pm
- Southern holds academic banquet - 3:37 pm
- Free suicide awareness, prevention training available - 2:15 pm
- Second arrest made in homicide case - 8:56 am
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
- “Celebrate Recovery” event - 3:36 pm
Eastern graduates 62
REEDSVILLE — Eastern High School graduated 62 seniors on Sunday evening.The Eastern High School Class of 2022 had a pair of valedictorians, who ...
‘In Flanders Fields’
OHIO VALLEY — As Memorial Day approaches, paper poppies begin appearing across the United States. Veterans set up at various sites the week befo...
Clarence E. Hayman
POMEROY — Clarence E. Hayman, 88, of Pomeroy, passed away, at 8:50 p.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2022 at his residence.Born September 25, 1933, in L...
Southern graduates 56
RACINE — Southern High School graduated 56 students on Sunday.Lincoln Rose was awarded valedictorian of the class and Ellie Powell was the salut...
Teachers ‘paying it forward’
RACINE — Last fall, Southern teacher Alan Crisp asked his colleague Scott Wolfe to paint his truck, a 1990 Dodge Dakota. The truck had several d...
Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman
POINT PLEASANT — A candlelight vigil for Grace Allison Smith, who has been missing since Feb. 23, will be held Thursday, 8 p.m., on the steps of...
Woodson advances to D-2 state meet
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — They didn’t get much in … just the most important parts.Both the boys and girls divisions of the 2022 Division I...
Lady Falcons flying high
SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Nothing could rain on these girls’ parade.On a rainy Thursday afternoon, the Wahama softball team defeated the P...
Lady Falcons win it all … again
Just as sweet the second time around. The Wahama softball team captured the program’s second straight WVSSAC Class A championship on Friday afte...
D-3 regional meet begins
LONDONDERRY, Ohio — The third time was a charm … literally a charm.Southern senior Kayla Evans need three chances to clear the 5 feet, 2 i...
Meigs-Fairland moved to noon Friday
Due to the current and impending inclement weather within the area, the Division III district baseball championship game between Meigs and Fairland at...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Meigs High School Honor Roll
Meigs High School announces the second nine weeks honor roll as follows:Freshmen: Kadence Allen, Abigail Barber, Brady Barnett, Lindsay Barnhart, Tess...
RACO plans spring yard sale, food drive
The Racine Area Community Organization held its regular monthly meeting recently at the Kathryn Hart Community Center. The secretary and treasurerR...
Brooks-Grant Camp officers
Officers for Brooks-Grant Camp No. 7, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Middleport, Ohio are pictured. Front row, Senior Vice Commander Dale Co...
Father, daughter duo achieve Black Belts
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant branch school of S.H. Kang’s Taekwondo Academy recently announced the newest Black Belts, Chad and Cel...
God’s Kids Korner: Faith is the key
Do any of you have your own keys? You may have a key to your piggy bank or even a house key. Some of us use keys every day, but today we are going to ...
Meigs Health Matters… Third-hand smoke: What it is and how to protect your family
Most of us have probably heard about ‘First-Hand’ and ‘Second-Hand’ smoke, as well as the associated health risks. Some of the...
Search the Scriptures: The feast commanded
Under the Law of Moses, in addition to the weekly observance of the Sabbath Day, there were seven annual celebrations which God gave to the people of ...
God’s Kids Korner: Trinity Sunday
This Sunday, May 22, we celebrate something called the Trinity. It’s another special day in the life of the church that we remember. It’s ...
Christ defangs the bite of prejudice
The major biting shortcoming of co-existence among the people of varying ethnic, racial, social, and religious characteristics has to do with prejudic...
Search the Scriptures: A celebration of salvation
When God gave the Law to Israel, speaking from the mountain, proclaiming those edicts which would become known as the Ten Commandments, the book of Ex...