Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
Southern Hall of Fame welcomes Hill, Sayre… Class of 2022
- Independence Day celebrations in the Ohio Valley - 3:34 pm
- Communities financing from Ohio EPA to improve water infrastructure - 2:18 pm
- Grand Jury returns 13 indictments - 1:13 pm
- U.S. 33 westbound rest area closed for rebuilding - 8:38 am updated: 8:46 am.
- Meigs County Farmers Market is “branching out” - 11:44 pm
- 3 deaths, 203 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Meigs Pioneer and Historical Society receives donation - 3:45 pm
- Latest jobless stats for Gallia, Meigs - 8:54 am
- Historic courthouse hosts mock trial - 10:45 pm
- Boil advisory in parts of Meigs Co. - 3:56 pm
- Email scam alert - 3:37 pm
- Commissioners approve agreements - 1:49 pm
- Meigs High School celebrates student - 8:51 am
- Next Level to headline Mayor’s Night Out - 4:50 pm
- Middleport council discusses projects - 4:43 pm updated: 10:29 am.
- Meigs Library kicks off summer programs - 3:50 pm
- Ohio church hosts grief support group - 1:50 pm
- Women’s cancer screenings in Gallia County - 10:50 am
- Advocating for the Promise - 9:18 pm
- PACT Act passes the Senate, heads to Congress for final approval - 3:28 pm
- Coplin Health Systems launches food FARMACY program - 12:22 pm
- Community Action Agency announces Home Energy Assistance Summer Crisis Program - 12:16 pm
- 151 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:49 pm
- The history of Juneteenth - 3:47 pm
- Lost power? Replacement benefits available for SNAP food spoilage - 8:39 am
Boil advisory in parts of Meigs Co.
MEIGS COUNTY — Tuppers Plains-Chester Water District announced a boil advisory for June 22 through 4:30 p.m. June 24 for the following townships...
Email scam alert
OHIO VALLEY — Ohio Valley Bank advises customers to be mindful of an email scam that has become more prevalent.The email in question is claiming...
Commissioners approve agreements
POMEROY — The Meigs County Commissioners met last week in regular session, where they approved an agreement for an adult education program.Prese...
Next Level to headline Mayor’s Night Out
POINT PLEASANT — Next Level, a local band that plays a variety of music, is set to headline this week’s Mayor’s Night Out on Friday,...
Middleport council discusses projects
MIDDLEPORT — Middleport Village Council met in regular session on last week at village hall to discuss and approve projects.Present during the m...
Mason County racks up titles
It was probably the closest thing to a normal school year — at least sports-wise — that anyone at the high school level has been part of s...
Rio names Pilkington new Director of Rugby
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — After successfully guiding the University of Rio Grande’s first-year rugby team through a tumultuous Spring period, Adr...
Class AA baseball team released
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Just a scant few hours after winning its second straight Class AA state baseball championship, Logan was back at its basebal...
Minimal changes within OVP area
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Jeffersons were all about moving on up.A couple of Meigs County teams might enjoy the thought of moving on down.The volleyb...
Barnitz named Class A captain
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Wahama’s run to a Class A state title inside Appalachian Power Park was derailed by Charleston Catholic and first-year...
Taylor receives OVB promotion
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotion of Amanda Taylor.Taylor has been a key member of the OVB Information Techno...
Moose fundraiser benefits domestic violence shelter
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant Moose Lodge #731’s recent charity benefit for Square One of Gallipolis, Ohio raised over $2,000.Severa...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Meigs High School Honor Roll
Meigs High School announces the second nine weeks honor roll as follows:Freshmen: Kadence Allen, Abigail Barber, Brady Barnett, Lindsay Barnhart, Tess...
Stealthy, healthy nutrition for kids
In a perfect world, we would all have enough time in the kitchen to prepare healthy, tasty, and picture-perfect meals for our families. Additionally, ...
Search the Scriptures: The sheep’s prayer
Most of us are familiar with the 23rd Psalm, and its comforting opening verse, “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” Many are likew...
The strawberry story
Terry and I recently ate a meal at McClure’s in Pomeroy. As a treat, she ordered for herself a strawberry shake.After some delicious slurps, she...
God’s Kids Korner: Jesus and the library card
Do you have a library card? If you don’t already have one, you should get one. One of the great things about a library card is that it is availa...
Meigs Health Matters… Men’s health awareness
June 13-19 is Men’s Health Week. On Friday, June 17 (Friday prior to Father’s Day), all are encouraged to wear blue. The purpose of wearin...
Search the Scriptures: The sheep’s test
Imagine, if you will, that a conscientious and honest man were to discover an obviously well-loved and expensive looking dog wandering his yard, and h...