A new chapter… Repurposing for further development
Gallia Auditor appointed
Snow event hits region
In step at Tournament of Roses Parade
Meeting the new neighbors
- 3 deaths, 97 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:16 pm
- Meigs Public Transit system operational - 4:08 pm
- Gov. DeWine announces MARCS Grant recipients - 3:50 pm updated: 4:04 pm.
- 449 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:51 pm
- Lavender to lead Meigs DJFS - 4:30 pm
- 3rd WVa corrections officer dies of COVID-19 - 4:00 pm
- A new chapter… Repurposing for further development - 2:42 pm
- Primary to include state, county offices - 2:17 pm
- Promoting local tourism… Meigs Guide being compiled - 4:16 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- 1 death, 253 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Organizational meeting for Meigs Board of Ed - 4:15 pm
- 1 death, 201 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Gallia Auditor appointed - 5:09 pm
- 138 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:08 pm
- Healthy Words to Live By… How often do patients need a pap smear? - 3:08 pm
- Southern BOE approves agenda items - 11:37 am
- 5 deaths, 66 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:23 pm
- Southern Board of Ed’s organizational meeting - 3:57 pm
- ODOT: Work begins to ‘proactively address landslide’ on 218 - 3:24 pm
- Snow event hits region - 5:49 pm
- ODNR reports on muzzleloader season - 4:27 pm
- 509 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Patrol investigating fatal crash in Pomeroy - 3:45 pm
- Gov. Justice resumes briefings, says COVID is ‘tough stuff’ - 3:10 pm
- In step at Tournament of Roses Parade - 4:33 pm
1 death, 253 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there was one additional death, as well as 253 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Pub...
Organizational meeting for Meigs Board of Ed
POMEROY — The Meigs Local Board of Education met last week for the annual organizational meeting and to approved agenda items.Present during the...
1 death, 201 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there was one additional death, as well as 201 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Pub...
Gallia Auditor appointed
GALLIPOLIS — The Republican Central Committee held a special meeting Tuesday night in order to appoint a Gallia County Auditor to finish the ter...
138 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were 138 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Publishing area on Wednesday.In Gal...
Healthy Words to Live By… How often do patients need a pap smear?
A pap smear is used to screen women for cervical cancer. Years ago, women had a Pap smear at each annual visit, but today Pap smears have improved and...
Lady Defenders fall to CLC, 52-17
CROSS LANES, W.Va. — It seemed to be going well at first.The Ohio Valley Christian girls basketball team suffered a 52-17 road loss to the Cross...
Black Knights fend off River Valley, 53-51
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Point Pleasant boys basketball team held off the River Valley Raiders 53-51 at home Tuesday evening.The Black Knight...
Point Pleasant wins tri-match
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Big wins against some big names.The Point Pleasant wrestling team took down a pair of state powers on Saturday during a ...
Harris, Jolly pace Rio track at Otterbein
WESTERVILLE, Ohio — Spencer Harris posted a pair of runner-up showings to lead the University of Rio Grande men’s track & field team i...
Rio women keep rolling, dump Alice Lloyd
PIPPA PASSES, Ky. — Not even an 11-day hiatus for COVID-19 protocols could slow down the University of Rio Grande women’s basketball team....
Students donate to animal shelters
First graders at Meigs Primary School recently collected items for dogs at the Meigs County Animal Shelter. Items were also collected for cats but tho...
Racine Southern FFA Host Ohio FFA District 10 Leadership Night
RACINE — The Racine Southern FFA Chapter recently hosted a leadership night in the Southern Local Schools Cafeteria.Throughout the year, Ohio FF...
Middleport High School Alumni Banquet held
Labor Day Saturday brought over 120 Middleport High School Alumni and guests “back home” for a very special evening. The Blakeslee Center,...
Thoma 60th anniversary
Guy and Ellen (Young) Thoma, of Rutland, Ohio, recently celebrated their 60th anniversary, having been married on November 19, 1961 in Pomeroy, Ohio.G...
Eastern High School Honor Roll
The Eastern High School Honor Roll for the First Nine Weeks was submitted as follows: All “A” Honor Roll – 12th grade: Dustin Davis,...
Grow a few vegetables indoors this winter
Limited outdoor growing space or cold winters may have you missing fresh homegrown vegetables. Make this the winter you try growing a few vegetables i...
A former student scores again
Until the death of the president of Training, Solutions, Inc. in 2020 and the closing of the company, for decades I frequently taught courses in creat...
Search the Scriptures: A good sermon
What makes a sermon good?Seeing as how sermons constitute such a large percentage of our periods of worship, at least in regards to time, it seems sen...
God’s Kids Korner: Lost and found
Have you ever misplaced something? Of course, you have. We have all done that, haven’t we? Perhaps we were reading a book and put it down and th...
Reducing prescription drug prices
This year, we are finally making progress in our efforts to bring down the cost of prescription drugs for Ohio seniors. We know that too many Ohioans ...
When a cell phone wasn’t needed
One was in our kitchen and one was on the landing at the top of the stairs in my parents home when I was growing up. They were stationed on the wall a...