Orange Twp. Bicentennial Marker placed
ODE chancellor visits Rio
Cleland, Eblin crowned SHS royalty
Scenes from Bob Evans Farm Festival
County meets with jail architects; state responds to jail issues
- Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper - 8:15 pm
- Owning the unexpected - 8:00 pm
- Lessons learned on my cancer journey - 8:00 pm
- Gathering in the name of hope - 8:00 pm
- Finding the ‘warrior’ within - 8:00 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Area Halloween activities - 2:00 pm
- Orange Twp. Bicentennial Marker placed - 1:25 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect - 4:27 pm
- Wellness Center serves students, community - 2:45 pm
- Fair board election Nov. 4 - 8:54 am
- Celebrating the road to recovery - 5:34 pm
- Trick or Treat, Halloween events planned - 10:11 am
- Girl Scouts complete service project - 9:34 am
- Racine Southern FFA Chapter competes in soil competitions - 9:33 am
- Speaker of the House to address Meigs Republican Party Fall Dinner - 9:16 am updated: 11:13 am.
- Rio closes Lyne Center, report of carbon monoxide - 5:39 pm
- ‘Shelter Animals’ named official Meigs Pet - 4:39 pm
- Meigs Board approves agenda items - 3:23 pm
- Remembering Vera Crow - 3:20 pm
- Southern Homecoming 2019 - 12:02 pm
- Cleland, Eblin crowned SHS royalty - 10:01 am
- Poet’s Night Out planned - 10:17 pm
- Farm festivities in Gallia - 6:16 pm
- Heath screening event Tuesday - 4:10 pm
Wellness Center serves students, community
RACINE — The Southern Local School Wellness Center recently held its semi-annual Health Advisory Council meeting last week with 26 members in at...
Fair board election Nov. 4
ROCKSPRINGS — The annual election of directors for the Meigs County Agricultural Society will be held on Monday, Nov. 4.The election of director...
Celebrating the road to recovery
GALLIPOLIS — Holzer Health System joined the National Rehabilitation Awareness Foundation, sponsor of National Rehabilitation Awareness Celebrat...
Trick or Treat, Halloween events planned
MEIGS COUNTY — Trick or Treat and many other Halloween activities are planned in the next few weeks around Meigs County.Reedsville, Rutland and ...
Girl Scouts complete service project
Girl Scouts from Troop 1006 recently completed their September service project, collecting non-perishable food items and distributing the items in the...
Racine Southern FFA Chapter competes in soil competitions
RACINE — The Agricultural and Urban Soils Career Development Event (CDE) is an educational activity designed as a practical method of teaching s...
Rio Grande picked 4th in RSC coaches’ poll
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande was selected second in the East Division and fourth overall in the 2019-20 River States Conferen...
Blue Angels sweep Athens in sectional semi
CENTENARY, Ohio — The postseason starts with a sweep.The second-seeded Gallia Academy volleyball team — Ohio Valley Conference champions a...
Black Knights top Capital, 3-1
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A really good road win.The Point Pleasant boys soccer team notched its fifth consecutive victory and moved over the .500 mar...
Blue Angels ousted by Warren, 3-1
VINCENT, Ohio — A second season in the books.The Gallia Academy girls soccer team — co-champion of the Ohio Valley Conference — had ...
Lady Knights win 20th match, sweep OVCS
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Nothing dirty about this dozen.The Point Pleasant volleyball team was down 1-0 in the opening game, then never trailed t...
Managing winter heating costs
Columbia Gas is encouraging customers to prepare for the upcoming winter heating season by taking control of their home energy costs. Assistance is av...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
Gallia Legislative Town Hall
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, along with Holzer Medical Center, will host the 2019 Gallia County Chamber Legislative Town ...
Be a HERo and fight breast cancer
Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death among women in the U.S. which is why Gordmans, as part of the Stage community of stores, is ...
Fruth Charitable Trust makes donation
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Jack & Frances “Babs” Fruth Charitable Trust recently made a donation to Trinity United Methodist Ch...
God’s Kids Korner: Never give up
Can you remember a time when you wanted something? I mean REALLY wanted something so much that you thought you could not live without it? It might hav...
Cross Words: God still requires acceptable worship
The book of Leviticus is a challenging read. It’s a detailed history describing the priesthood, offerings, sacrifices, and other laws given by G...
A Hunger for More: Spirituality is a practical affair
Spirituality is a practical affair. Does that sound like a strange statement? Often, when talking about spiritual things with people, someone will exp...
She was more than just a dog
The air has turned crisp as the sun rises and sets each day, and my yard is filled with leaves from a gigantic maple tree that stands behind my house,...
Breasts and a need to know
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I know the stories of survivors of this disease as well as the stories of several women who did not live. An...
Hostas are problem-solvers for shade
Hosta is a perennial foliage plant so well known and widely planted that many gardeners take it for granted. There are over 3000 named varieties, all ...