Looking back down the track
Christmas in the Park
Remembering Pearl Harbor
Trust and love: Weapons against teen suicide
GCSO seeking location of mental health patient
- Looking back down the track - 1:43 pm
- Roush named Trooper of the Year - 12:22 pm
- Two sentenced to prison - 12:14 pm
- For the Record - 6:08 pm
- Pomeroy woman sentenced to 12 years prison - 5:41 pm
- Meigs County Guide coming soon - 5:22 pm
- ‘Voices of Christmas’ ring Saturday - 5:05 pm
- Students raise funds during #RioGivingDay - 4:51 pm
- New Christmas tradition in Town of Mason - 3:15 pm
- Grand Jury indicts 18 - 10:04 am
- Throwback Thursday: Shriners - 11:50 pm
- Remembering ‘the 46’…Silver Bridge remembrance ceremony Saturday - 4:58 pm
- Rio education students host food drive - 4:21 pm
- The Betzing fire of 1917 - 11:45 am
- Middleport Council hears water rate recommendations - 9:51 am
- Meigs EMS receives grant funds - 5:57 pm
- Celebrating the holiday home tour - 4:35 pm
- Williams keynotes MCCF 2018 Benefit Dinner - 4:17 pm
- Ohio History Day comes to Rio - 3:16 pm
- Runners wrap 2018 series, prepare for 2019 - 2:24 pm
- Convicted drug dealer resentenced - 7:15 pm
- Christmas in the Park - 6:31 pm updated: 7:17 pm.
- Racine’s ‘Tree-Mendous’ Christmas - 4:45 pm
- PVH awarded Joint Commission accreditation for New Swing Bed Program - 2:02 pm updated: 4:01 pm.
- OU to hold combined graduate and undergraduate Fall Commencement ceremony - 10:24 am
Grand Jury indicts 18
POMEROY — A total of 18 individuals were indicted this week by a Meigs County Grand Jury.Meigs County Prosecuting Attorney James K. Stanley anno...
Throwback Thursday: Shriners
Local Shrine Club members have recently taken part in a number of Christmas parades around the area, a tradition which goes back many years. Pictured ...
Remembering ‘the 46’…Silver Bridge remembrance ceremony Saturday
POINT PLEASANT — The annual remembrance ceremony which will observe the 51st anniversary of the Silver Bridge Disaster will take place this Satu...
Rio education students host food drive
RIO GRANDE — Students in the University of Rio Grande’s Bunce School of Education are working to make a difference in Southeast Ohio. As p...
The Betzing fire of 1917
I was watching the news of the horrifying fire that claimed the lives of five children in Youngstown on Dec. 10. I cannot imagine the feeling of the i...
Middleport Council hears water rate recommendations
MIDDLEPORT — The Middleport Village Council discussed the proposed water rate increase at their meeting Monday evening.The council heard from a ...
Buffalo rallies past Hannan, 72-61
ASHTON, W.Va. — Good things did not come in these threes.Buffalo hit eight trifectas during a pivotal 32-15 third quarter charge that ultimately...
Rebels fend off Federal Hocking, 58-48
MERCERVILLE, Ohio —Despite the slow start, the Rebels are back in the win column.The South Gallia boys basketball team trailed by eight points a...
Blue Devils fall at Ironton, 59-57
IRONTON, Ohio — A painful bump on the conference road.The Gallia Academy boys basketball team trailed the final 27-plus minutes of regulation as...
Meigs marches past Lady Raiders, 55-23
BIDWELL, Ohio — That Lady Marauder defense did it again.For the third time this season, the Meigs girls basketball team has held an opponent to ...
Blue Angels fall to South Point, 63-35
CENTENARY, Ohio — Apparently both good things and bad things come in fours.The Gallia Academy girls basketball team suffered its fourth straight...
Ribbon cutting for new Dollar General
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. — Dollar General’s newest store at 7809 Ripley Road in Point Pleasant is now open.Dollar General will celebrate the ...
Swain named to NSBA Leadership Council
GALLIPOLIS — Scott Swain, TCS Forestry, Gallipolis, was recently named to the National Small Business Association (NSBA) Leadership Council.NSBA...
Shrine Club president speaks to DAR
The DAR Return Jonathan Meigs Chapter of American Revolution met in November at the Pomeroy Library with the speaker being Clarence Hill from Gallipol...
Lodge installs new officers
MEIGS COUNTY — Jordan D. Pickens of Pomeroy was installed as Master of Harrisonville Masonic Lodge No.411 on Saturday, Dec. 1, at Harrisonville ...
Local runner competing at the next level
POMEROY — A 2018 Eastern High School graduate was recently named Freshman of the Year in her conference for cross country.Jessica Cook was named...
DAR works at historical marker site
LONG BOTTOM — The members of Return Jonathan Meigs Chapter of DAR recently cleaned the George Washington Marker located on State Route 124 near ...
God’s Kids Korner: Time for a change!
God sent a man named John to tell the people that a very special person was coming to help those who needed help. The person coming was Jesus, GodR...
Meigs Health Matters: Marking Progress, CHIP Implementation
The Meigs County Health Department and Get Healthy Meigs! have a vision: to improve the overall well-being of Meigs County residents. Quite a lofty go...
Importance of Community Values
During the holiday season, we are all reminded of the meaning of home. Home, for most, is the comfortable warmth of family and friends that surround u...
Christ is God’s perfect star
The stars viewed at night are a wondrous sight. It is a compelling experience to observe them in their particular configurations and to consider their...
Search the Scriptures: God’s Exhortation to You
It is highly recommended, when studying the Bible, that the diligent student pays close attention to the context of any given passage, duly noting who...
A Hunger for More: Celebrating hope, joy and peace
The black velvet of night’s shadows swathes the little town in a quiet embrace. Occasionally, were one to simply listen, all that can be heard a...