Recognizing Character Counts Week
Householder rallies GOP
Art on display
Orange Twp. Bicentennial Marker placed
ODE chancellor visits Rio
- Recognizing Character Counts Week - 5:14 pm
- Householder rallies GOP - 12:45 pm
- For the record - 12:34 pm
- Cancer survivor dinner to be held - 12:22 pm
- New council member appointed in Syracuse - 12:01 pm
- Art on display - 10:11 am
- Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper - 8:15 pm
- Owning the unexpected - 8:00 pm
- Lessons learned on my cancer journey - 8:00 pm
- Gathering in the name of hope - 8:00 pm
- Finding the ‘warrior’ within - 8:00 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Area Halloween activities - 2:00 pm
- Orange Twp. Bicentennial Marker placed - 1:25 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect - 4:27 pm
- Wellness Center serves students, community - 2:45 pm
- Fair board election Nov. 4 - 8:54 am
- Celebrating the road to recovery - 5:34 pm
- Trick or Treat, Halloween events planned - 10:11 am
- Girl Scouts complete service project - 9:34 am
- Racine Southern FFA Chapter competes in soil competitions - 9:33 am
- Speaker of the House to address Meigs Republican Party Fall Dinner - 9:16 am updated: 11:13 am.
- Rio closes Lyne Center, report of carbon monoxide - 5:39 pm
- ‘Shelter Animals’ named official Meigs Pet - 4:39 pm
- Meigs Board approves agenda items - 3:23 pm
Finding the ‘warrior’ within
ROCKSPRINGS — For the last few years, a “Breast Cancer Warrior” has been honored at the Meigs High School Volley for the Cure game. ...
Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set
GALLIPOLIS — Holzer Health System announces the addition of Holzer Wound Care Center® to the Gallipolis campus at 100 Jackson Pike, Gallipo...
Area Halloween activities
Oct. 18 and 19Forked Run State Park Halloween events will be held beginning with a movie at 8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 18. On Saturday, Oct. 19, events in...
Orange Twp. Bicentennial Marker placed
ORANGE TWP. — The tenth Bicentennial Marker, this one honoring George Willis Ritchey, was unveiled Wednesday night at the Orange Township garage...
Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect
OHIO — Ohio’s new “Tobacco 21” law takes effect on Thursday, Oct. 17, raising the age to purchase cigarettes, other tobacco pr...
Ohio Football Prep Polls
DIVISION I1, Mentor (20);8-0;2072, Lakewood St. Edward;7-1;1723, Fairfield (2);8-0;1664, Powell Olentangy Liberty (1);8-0;1415, Cincinnati Elder;7-1;1...
Black Knights roll past Ravenswood, 7-2
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Looking good at just the right time.The Point Pleasant boys soccer team concluded its 2019 regular season campaign on Sa...
Lady Pioneers eliminate Eastern
KINNIKINNICK, Ohio — It was quick, but not entirely painless.The Eastern volleyball team reached double digits only once as host Zane Trace roll...
Ohio stops Flashes, 45-38
ATHENS, Ohio — Back in the win column and back on top of the standings.The Ohio football team bounced back from its Homecoming loss with a 45-38...
Blue Angels win sectional over Waverly
CENTENARY, Ohio — One for the thumb.The Gallia Academy volleyball team claimed its fifth straight sectional championship on Saturday in Gallia C...
Milkweed pod collection continues through October
There is still time to help monarch butterflies and other pollinators.To help foster the creation of habitat for the monarch butterfly, the Ohio Polli...
Flu season arrives
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce and Fruth Pharmacy announce a partnership to benefit area employers and their empl...
Managing winter heating costs
Columbia Gas is encouraging customers to prepare for the upcoming winter heating season by taking control of their home energy costs. Assistance is av...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
Gallia Legislative Town Hall
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, along with Holzer Medical Center, will host the 2019 Gallia County Chamber Legislative Town ...
Be a HERo and fight breast cancer
Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death among women in the U.S. which is why Gordmans, as part of the Stage community of stores, is ...
When adults bully adults, kids suffer
October is National Bullying Prevention Month.“Every day thousands of young people experience bullying from their peers while at school, after s...
National Bullying Prevention Month
According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, a bully is, “one who is habitually cruel, insulting, or threatening to others who are weaker...
‘There is no right or wrong way to feel’
From the moment my doctor said I needed a biopsy I became detached. I felt like an observer. I noted the information and scheduled for the procedure l...
Search the Scriptures: ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ revisited
It turns out that “The Emperor’s New Clothes,” may be a rather optimistic take on the human condition.Rather than acknowledging the ...
When we do things by The Book
One of the exciting prospects of studying God’s Word is discovery. I often approach Bible study with the prayer, “Lord, what will you let ...
God’s Kids Korner: Never give up
Can you remember a time when you wanted something? I mean REALLY wanted something so much that you thought you could not live without it? It might hav...