A new chapter… Repurposing for further development
Gallia Auditor appointed
Snow event hits region
In step at Tournament of Roses Parade
Meeting the new neighbors
- Appalachian Power files for approval of projects - 4:27 pm
- Commissioners hold organizational, business meetings - 4:21 pm
- 1 death, 181 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:20 pm
- Nearly $15 million of funding to Behavioral Healthcare - 6:40 pm
- Donations support land preservation in SE Ohio - 5:12 pm
- 217 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:51 pm
- Middleport discusses vacant properties - 3:47 pm
- Gov. DeWine announces MARCS Grant recipients - 3:30 pm updated: 3:32 pm.
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy… Excellent results, faster recovery, and less pain - 3:10 pm
- 3 deaths, 97 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:16 pm
- Meigs Public Transit system operational - 4:08 pm
- Gov. DeWine announces MARCS Grant recipients - 3:50 pm updated: 4:04 pm.
- 449 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:51 pm
- Lavender to lead Meigs DJFS - 4:30 pm
- 3rd WVa corrections officer dies of COVID-19 - 4:00 pm
- A new chapter… Repurposing for further development - 2:42 pm
- Primary to include state, county offices - 2:17 pm
- Promoting local tourism… Meigs Guide being compiled - 4:16 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- 1 death, 253 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Organizational meeting for Meigs Board of Ed - 4:15 pm
- 1 death, 201 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Gallia Auditor appointed - 5:09 pm
- 138 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:08 pm
- Healthy Words to Live By… How often do patients need a pap smear? - 3:08 pm
- Southern BOE approves agenda items - 11:37 am
3 deaths, 97 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since Friday’s update, there were three additional deaths, as well as 97 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Pub...
Meigs Public Transit system operational
MIDDLEPORT — The Meigs County Public Transit system is now in operation, transporting Meigs Countians to medical appointments.The public transit...
Gov. DeWine announces MARCS Grant recipients
COLUMBUS — Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine on Tuesday announced the recipients of the 2022 MARCS (Multi-Agency Radio Communications Systems) grant, which ...
449 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since Friday’s update, there were 449 new COVID-19 cases reported in the Ohio Valley Publishing area on Monday.In Gallia Cou...
Lavender to lead Meigs DJFS
MIDDLEPORT — The Meigs County Commissioners recently hired Theresa Lavender as the soon-to-be new director of the Meigs County Department of Job...
3rd WVa corrections officer dies of COVID-19
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — An officer at a West Virginia women’s prison has became the third corrections employee to die from the coronaviru...
Marauders win at Crooksville, 76-36
CROOKSVILLE, Ohio — The Meigs boys basketball team picked up a 76-36 road win Thursday evening against the Crooksville Ceramics.The Marauders (8...
Lady Tornadoes fall to Belpre, 43-37
BELPRE, Ohio — The Southern girls basketball team fell 43-37 on the road Thursday evening to the Belpre Lady Eagles in a Tri-Valley Conference H...
Blue Devils avenge Ironton, 63-58
CENTENARY, Ohio — Four quarters of fending off Tigers, with an exclamation point at the end.Visiting Ironton rallied back from a 16-point first ...
Ironton sweeps Blue Angels, 47-31
CENTENARY, Ohio — The Lady Tigers simply had better balance.Visiting Ironton had two players pour in double digits and had eight total reach the...
Waterford cruises past Lady Tornadoes, 58-26
RACINE, Ohio — Simply too much firepower to overcome.Visiting Waterford scored 20 points in each of the first two quarters and ultimately cruise...
Lady Rebels roll past Fed Hock, 61-27
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — The South Gallia girls basketball team scored a 61-27 home victory against the Federal Hocking Lady Lancers Wednesday evenin...
Students donate to animal shelters
First graders at Meigs Primary School recently collected items for dogs at the Meigs County Animal Shelter. Items were also collected for cats but tho...
Racine Southern FFA Host Ohio FFA District 10 Leadership Night
RACINE — The Racine Southern FFA Chapter recently hosted a leadership night in the Southern Local Schools Cafeteria.Throughout the year, Ohio FF...
Middleport High School Alumni Banquet held
Labor Day Saturday brought over 120 Middleport High School Alumni and guests “back home” for a very special evening. The Blakeslee Center,...
Thoma 60th anniversary
Guy and Ellen (Young) Thoma, of Rutland, Ohio, recently celebrated their 60th anniversary, having been married on November 19, 1961 in Pomeroy, Ohio.G...
Eastern High School Honor Roll
The Eastern High School Honor Roll for the First Nine Weeks was submitted as follows: All “A” Honor Roll – 12th grade: Dustin Davis,...
Meigs Health Matters… How to motivate your child to exercise
Sometimes, it can be a real challenge for kids (and adults) to get enough daily activity. Some days, I feel like there is no way I can add in one̷...
Protecting Ohioans from surprise medical bills
For years we have worked to protect Ohioans from out of control surprise medical bills, and thanks to the No Surprises Act, which went into effect on ...
Grow a few vegetables indoors this winter
Limited outdoor growing space or cold winters may have you missing fresh homegrown vegetables. Make this the winter you try growing a few vegetables i...
A former student scores again
Until the death of the president of Training, Solutions, Inc. in 2020 and the closing of the company, for decades I frequently taught courses in creat...
Search the Scriptures: A good sermon
What makes a sermon good?Seeing as how sermons constitute such a large percentage of our periods of worship, at least in regards to time, it seems sen...
God’s Kids Korner: Lost and found
Have you ever misplaced something? Of course, you have. We have all done that, haven’t we? Perhaps we were reading a book and put it down and th...