Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
Southern Hall of Fame welcomes Hill, Sayre… Class of 2022
- “Celebrate Recovery” event - 3:36 pm
- Pomeroy Fire Department celebrates 175th anniversary - 12:42 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- MCIYS obtains non-profit status - 4:07 pm
- 1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Southern Board of Ed. approves agenda items - 12:10 pm
- Registration open for watershed camp - 10:52 am
- Meigs Prom royalty crowned - 10:50 am
- PVH warns of phone scams - 9:15 am
- Commissioners approve financial items - 9:01 am
- 4th of July celebration planning underway - 12:34 pm
- 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Southern Prom Royalty - 12:23 pm
- Home, garden show coming Saturday - 11:17 am
- Commissioners recognize Child Abuse Prevention Month - 7:25 am
- Meigs Co. unofficial Primary Election results - 3:17 pm
- Meigs Board of Ed. approves agenda items - 11:45 am
- 1 death, 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Middleport Council discusses finances, projects - 9:36 am
- Latest jobless stats for Gallia, Meigs - 11:02 am
- Common Pleas Court receives state certification - 9:55 am
- 2022 Passport Challenge: Photo Scavenger Hunt - 11:05 am updated: 12:39 pm.
- Eastern Board of Ed. approves agenda items - 8:42 am
- Man dies in Mason house fire - 3:36 pm
- Baseball programs receive donations - 11:05 am
Commissioners approve financial items
POMEROY — The Meigs County Commissioners met last week in regular session, where they approved financial matters.Present during the meeting were...
4th of July celebration planning underway
POMEROY — Pomeroy is raising funds for an inaugural 4th of July celebration this year.The Big Bend Area Fireworks event is set for July 2, begin...
49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
Editor’s note: Due to recent changes in the frequency of data reported by the Ohio Department of Health, Ohio Valley Publishing’s COVID Up...
Southern Prom Royalty
Southern High School crowned the 2022 Prom royalty last month. McKenna Walker was named Prom Queen and Tanner Lisle was named Prom King. .neFileBlock ...
Home, garden show coming Saturday
MASON — With Spring comes home improvement projects and outdoor fun, and local residents will have the opportunity to check out the latest offer...
Commissioners recognize Child Abuse Prevention Month
POMEROY — The Meigs County Commissioners met last week to proclaim April as Child Abuse Prevention Month and approve contracts.Present during th...
Wahama wins, heads to Ravenswood Saturday
And so they will do it again. The Wahama baseball team advanced to the Class A Region IV, Section 2 championship game with a 12-2 victory over Calhoun...
Wahama advances to regionals
HARTFORD, W.Va. — A feat so nice, they did it thrice.The Wahama softball team defeated the Gilmer County Lady Titans 8-2 at home Thursday evenin...
Local teams compete at Meigs Open
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — One last run through before the start of the postseason.The track and field teams from River Valley, Gallia Academy, Wahama,...
Lady Buckeyes fend off Eastern, 3-2
NELSONVILLE, Ohio — The Eastern softball team’s season has come to an end after a 3-2 road loss to the Nelsonville-York Lady Buckeyes Thur...
Blue Angels win sectional title
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — It hasn’t been as long as you might think, but the Blue Angels girls varsity soccer program — which completed ye...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Meigs High School Honor Roll
Meigs High School announces the second nine weeks honor roll as follows:Freshmen: Kadence Allen, Abigail Barber, Brady Barnett, Lindsay Barnhart, Tess...
RACO plans spring yard sale, food drive
The Racine Area Community Organization held its regular monthly meeting recently at the Kathryn Hart Community Center. The secretary and treasurerR...
Brooks-Grant Camp officers
Officers for Brooks-Grant Camp No. 7, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Middleport, Ohio are pictured. Front row, Senior Vice Commander Dale Co...
Father, daughter duo achieve Black Belts
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant branch school of S.H. Kang’s Taekwondo Academy recently announced the newest Black Belts, Chad and Cel...
Holzer to host free skin cancer screening
JACKSON — The month of May is recognized as Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Skin cancer is the most common cancer among people in the United States...
Meigs Health Matters… Fresh produce
At some point in your life, you have most likely heard how important it is to include fruits and vegetables in your diet. But why? No matter where you...
Search the Scriptures: Reasonable people in unreasonable times
It should not be surprising that this fallen world, being at odds as it is with its Creator, is a contentious realm filled with unhappiness, strife an...
God’s Kids Korner: Happy Mother’s Day
I am sure that all of you know that it is Mother’s Day this coming Sunday. You will probably give your mother a card or a present. Someplace on ...
The tribulations we experience are par for the course
Jesus Christ was very honest with us when He said that “in the world you shall have tribulation.” It is a literal truth that cannot be den...
Sleep Eight, Feel Great
The recent “spring forward” of the hour hand always generates rumblings in homes across America, including mine. Losing that hour of sleep...