Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
Southern Hall of Fame welcomes Hill, Sayre… Class of 2022
- Southern holds academic banquet - 3:37 pm
- Free suicide awareness, prevention training available - 2:15 pm
- Second arrest made in homicide case - 8:56 am
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
- “Celebrate Recovery” event - 3:36 pm
- Pomeroy Fire Department celebrates 175th anniversary - 12:42 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- MCIYS obtains non-profit status - 4:07 pm
- 1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Southern Board of Ed. approves agenda items - 12:10 pm
- Registration open for watershed camp - 10:52 am
- Meigs Prom royalty crowned - 10:50 am
- PVH warns of phone scams - 9:15 am
- Commissioners approve financial items - 9:01 am
- 4th of July celebration planning underway - 12:34 pm
- 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Southern Prom Royalty - 12:23 pm
- Home, garden show coming Saturday - 11:17 am
- Commissioners recognize Child Abuse Prevention Month - 7:25 am
- Meigs Co. unofficial Primary Election results - 3:17 pm
- Meigs Board of Ed. approves agenda items - 11:45 am
- 1 death, 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Middleport Council discusses finances, projects - 9:36 am
- Latest jobless stats for Gallia, Meigs - 11:02 am
- Common Pleas Court receives state certification - 9:55 am
Registration open for watershed camp
RUTLAND — The Meigs Soil and Water Conservation District has now opened registration for the annual summer watershed camp.The Watershed Camp wil...
Meigs Prom royalty crowned
Meigs High School 2022 Prom Queen candidates were (front row, from left) Cameron Davis, Mallory Hawley, Tia Harris, Emilee Willis, Abby Barrett. Prom ...
PVH warns of phone scams
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Pleasant Valley Hospital (PVH) has been made aware and wanted to advise local residents about a phone scam in the area i...
Commissioners approve financial items
POMEROY — The Meigs County Commissioners met last week in regular session, where they approved financial matters.Present during the meeting were...
4th of July celebration planning underway
POMEROY — Pomeroy is raising funds for an inaugural 4th of July celebration this year.The Big Bend Area Fireworks event is set for July 2, begin...
Warriors rally late, slip past Rio Grande
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — William Jessup (Calif.) University got a pair of big plays late — one with the bat and the other with the glove R...
Blue Devils fall in extras, 2-1
CENTENARY, Ohio — Things were about as even as they could be through nine innings … and then came the 10th.Bryce Parsons delivered a 1-out...
White Falcons force Game 3
RAVENSWOOD, W.Va. — A loss avenged, with some dingers hit along the way.The Wahama baseball team took down the Ravenswood Red Devils on the road...
Redmen, Lady Hornets win OVC track titles
SOUTH POINT, Ohio — There wasn’t much of a quantity, so the quality real shined through.The Gallia Academy track and field teams set a pai...
Eagles roll past East, 20-0
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio — One egg that these Eagles didn’t mind laying.The Eastern baseball team led 10-0 through two innings and doubled tha...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Meigs High School Honor Roll
Meigs High School announces the second nine weeks honor roll as follows:Freshmen: Kadence Allen, Abigail Barber, Brady Barnett, Lindsay Barnhart, Tess...
RACO plans spring yard sale, food drive
The Racine Area Community Organization held its regular monthly meeting recently at the Kathryn Hart Community Center. The secretary and treasurerR...
Brooks-Grant Camp officers
Officers for Brooks-Grant Camp No. 7, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Middleport, Ohio are pictured. Front row, Senior Vice Commander Dale Co...
Father, daughter duo achieve Black Belts
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant branch school of S.H. Kang’s Taekwondo Academy recently announced the newest Black Belts, Chad and Cel...
Holzer to host free skin cancer screening
JACKSON — The month of May is recognized as Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Skin cancer is the most common cancer among people in the United States...
Meigs Health Matters… Fresh produce
At some point in your life, you have most likely heard how important it is to include fruits and vegetables in your diet. But why? No matter where you...
Search the Scriptures: Reasonable people in unreasonable times
It should not be surprising that this fallen world, being at odds as it is with its Creator, is a contentious realm filled with unhappiness, strife an...
God’s Kids Korner: Happy Mother’s Day
I am sure that all of you know that it is Mother’s Day this coming Sunday. You will probably give your mother a card or a present. Someplace on ...
The tribulations we experience are par for the course
Jesus Christ was very honest with us when He said that “in the world you shall have tribulation.” It is a literal truth that cannot be den...
Sleep Eight, Feel Great
The recent “spring forward” of the hour hand always generates rumblings in homes across America, including mine. Losing that hour of sleep...