Stars and Stripes
Throwback Thursday: Chester Mill
Paving moving forward after decision on bricks
History Connection, EPA discuss Middleport project
$14,450 in scholarships presented at RACO banquet
- Celebrating Father’s Day - 8:23 pm
- MHS recognized by U.S. News and World Report - 11:33 am
- Hoffman resigns from council - 6:28 pm
- Syracuse discusses London Pool updates - 6:24 pm
- Lancaster man pleads guilty to charges from police chase - 6:20 pm
- Stars and Stripes - 6:19 pm
- River Sweep this weekend - 6:17 pm
- Grand Jury returns 23 indictments; 18 drug related - 7:46 pm
- Keeping the region moving forward - 5:14 pm
- Throwback Thursday: Chester Mill - 5:13 pm
- Paving moving forward after decision on bricks - 11:06 am
- Rio welcomes Fulbright Scholar - 7:17 pm
- For the Record - 5:11 pm
- Elder Abuse Awareness: Communities Encouraged to Learn More - 3:48 pm
- Break-a-Thon to return - 3:41 pm
- Hajivandi withdraws petition to run for commissioner - 2:07 pm
- McDonald taken into custody - 1:47 pm
- ‘Bombeck’ to visit City Park - 9:15 pm
- Sheriff, BCI investigate shots fired - 5:57 pm
- Meigs Performing Arts Center fund opens at FAO - 5:24 pm
- A kick off to summer music, festivals - 5:24 pm
- Living history in the city - 3:40 pm
- Blueberry picking season on the farm - 3:04 pm
- Newspaper carriers needed, sign-on bonuses offered - 12:26 pm
- Art is ageless - 9:23 am
Paving moving forward after decision on bricks
MIDDLEPORT — Asphalt is going down on a portion of Main Street in Middleport after a ruling by the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO).In ...
Rio welcomes Fulbright Scholar
RIO GRANDE — The University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College recently hosted Fulbright Scholar Dr. Anastasiya Luzgina, deputy dire...
For the Record
Pomeroy Police DepartmentMonday, June 11A Pomeroy man is facing drug charges after a traffic stop on Monday in the village.A news release from Chief o...
Elder Abuse Awareness: Communities Encouraged to Learn More
OHIO VALLEY — Buckeye Hills Regional Council and its Aging and Disability Division are raising awareness of an emerging problem this June 15 ...
Break-a-Thon to return
MIDDLEPORT — After raising more than $10,000 in its first year, plans are underway to make the second annual Bitanga’s Break-a-Thon “...
Point quartet playing in BACF Classic
Four recent high school graduates will represent Point Pleasant on the gridiron one final time Friday night during the 25th annual Battle Against Cyst...
2018 BACF Football Classic Rosters
WEST VIRGINIA 1 Brandon May, Roane County 6-1 170 R-DB2 Seth Dailey, Parkersburg 5-11 155 R-DB3 Christian Axman, Parkersburg 6-0 181 K-P4 Logan Gogan,...
12 locals land on D-4 all-district softball teams
A dozen softball players from the Ohio Valley Publishing area were named to the Southeast Ohio Division IV all-district teams for the 2018 season, as ...
4 locals named D-3 all-district
Four athletes from the Ohio Valley Publishing area were named to the Southeast Ohio Division III all-district softball teams for the 2018 season, as v...
Byus to play in N-S softball game
Recent graduate Kelsie Byus will represent Point Pleasant one final time on Thursday during the 2018 West Virginia North-South softball all-star game ...
6 locals named D-2 all-district
Six athletes from the Ohio Valley Publishing area were named to the Southeast Ohio Division II all-district softball teams for the 2018 season, as vot...
Holzer recognizes pediatric sponsors
The Earl Neff Pediatric Fund at Holzer continues to be supported by area businesses and organizations. The Pediatric Fund, in existence for over 45 ye...
Ohio Farm Bureau defends property rights
COLUMBUS — Protecting landowners from punitive state eminent domain laws is the goal of an Ohio Farm Bureau legal brief recently submitted to th...
Local student named to Provost’s List at Capital University for Spring 2018BEXLEY — Capital University is pleased to announce Bre Bonnett ...
Rutland High School holds 89th annual alumni banuet
RUTLAND — The Rutland High School Alumni recently held their 89th annual alumni banquet. The alumni again had over 305 reservations, holding the...
Rio announces Meigs County Deans’ Honor and Merit Lists
RIO GRANDE — The University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College are proud to announce the students who have been recognized for the S...
Teen testimony: I’m here to hear from You
I’m obsessed with words. Because of this, I recognize strange correlations. For example, there’s an interesting relationship between the w...
God’s Kids Korner: Father’s Day
You probably realize that this Sunday is Father’s Day, right? Do you realize we all have two fathers: God, our Heavenly Father and our earthly f...
Meigs Health Matters: Summer safety and severe weather
The Meigs County Health Department would like to offer you some safety tips on how to stay safe this summer and some recommendations from the Ohio Dep...
Just follow these instructions
There is a belief that when confronted with a task, something to build or put together, or use a piece of equipment, men routinely ignore the attached...
Our journey to the throne
The prophet Joel, foreseeing the judgment of God upon the nations, and the great day of the Lord in which the wicked are punished, declared prophetica...
Worry warts take notice
Take notice what the Apostle Paul says, “Be careful for nothing,” which means do not worry about anything.” Worry warts are rife amo...