COVID-19 cases increase in Gallia, Mason, Meigs
Preparing for the fair … Girl Scout project judging results
Ohio, WVa report record daily COVID-19 totals… Local numbers holding steady
A true band of brothers
Latest COVID-19 update for Gallia, Mason, Meigs
- Gallia fair week begins - 6:30 pm
- Searching for the fallen: Woman seeks soldier’s headstone - 2:57 pm
- Preparing for the fair … Girl Scout project judging results - 1:21 pm
- Until next year… Impacts of farm festival cancellation - 7:27 pm
- Taking a stand against trafficking - 7:14 pm
- Southern, Eastern approve back to school plans - 3:31 pm
- Middleport planning water project - 1:50 pm
- Holzer Home Care Services during COVID-19 - 12:15 pm
- Medical withdrawal service at PVH celebrates 100th patient - 12:09 pm
- State Rep. Edwards releases statement regarding former Speaker Householder - 11:51 am
- OU to begin fall semester online - 11:47 am
- Chester Garden Club disbands with last donation - 6:35 pm
- PVH announces opening of new ‘Regional Health Center’ - 6:15 pm
- Gallia Fair releases attendance guidelines, updates - 6:04 pm updated: 6:06 pm.
- Local woman to lead ‘Lions’ in southeast Ohio - 5:53 pm
- Raising awareness of human trafficking - 5:41 pm updated: 2:44 am.
- ‘Stain on the House’: Ohio reps oust GOP speaker amid probe - 5:39 pm
- Legionnaire’s recognized for service - 3:56 pm
- AP EXPLAINS: A look at $60M bribery probe unfolding in Ohio - 2:25 pm
- Ohio pharmacy board backs down on banning drug for COVID-19 - 2:24 pm
- Hearing rescheduled in case of mother accused in infant’s death - 7:37 pm
- Eight arrested in ‘Operation Predator’ - 6:21 pm
- Canceling commencement… COVID-19 impacts Rio’s graduation ceremony - 5:25 pm
- Farmers market to host cooking demo, music - 4:57 pm
- Healthy words to live by… Ways to stay active as a family - 3:36 pm
State Rep. Edwards releases statement regarding former Speaker Householder
COLUMBUS — State Representative Jay Edwards (R-Nelsonville) issued the following statement Thursday following his vote to remove Larry Household...
OU to begin fall semester online
ATHENS, Ohio — Ohio University President M. Duane Nellis has announced updated plans for the University’s approach to fall semester.With g...
Chester Garden Club disbands with last donation
CHESTER — With what was described as reluctance and sadness, the Chester Garden Club made the decision last fall to dissolve/disband after 80 ye...
PVH announces opening of new ‘Regional Health Center’
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Pleasant Valley Hospital (PVH) announces the opening of its new Regional Health Center and the relocation of internal me...
Gallia Fair releases attendance guidelines, updates
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Junior Fair begins on Monday and the fair board said it will not be like fairs in recent years.In a news release ...
Local woman to lead ‘Lions’ in southeast Ohio
GALLIPOLIS — Ollie Paxton-Tipple of Gallipolis, has taken the oath of office as the new Lions Club District Governor (DG) in an online ceremony ...
Trio named to Rio Athletic HOF
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Two former basketball standouts and the winningest baseball coach in school history are joining the University of Rio Grande&...
2020 OVP prep football schedules
Ohio is approaching the 30-day countdown for high school football.West Virginia would be doing the same if it were not for COVID-19 pushing the start ...
OHSAA releases return to play guidelines and sport specific recommendations
The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic has presented the OHSAA with a myriad of challenges. The Executive Director’s Office, with support from its Bo...
2020 college football schedules
As is the case with anything at the moment, things can change in the upcoming weeks ahead.But, as it stands now, only Marshall has gone unscathed in r...
Rio Grande eSports secures pair of sponsors
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande’s first-year eSports program has announced a pair of sponsorships to help get its inaugura...
Hocking College, NJCAA fall sports moved to spring semester
NELSONVILLE, Ohio – Fall sports at Hocking College and other junior colleges are shifting to the spring semester as a precaution against the spr...
Carleton College trustees elect officers, award scholarships
SYRACUSE — The 155th annual meeting of the Carleton College Board of Trustees was recently held be phone conference due to COVID-19.The Carleton...
Thompson’s to celebrate 50th anniversary
Ron and Connie Thompson of Mason, West Virginia will celebrate their golden anniversary with family on July 26, 2020.Ron and Connie are the parents of...
OVBC announces cash dividend
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — On July 21, 2020, Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per common share...
TOPS holds group meetings
The TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) group met recently for two group meetings. The TOPS and KOPS pledges were repeated by all members. The Pledge to t...
Masonic Lodge received AEDS from Middleport FD
MIDDLEPORT — Middleport Masonic Lodge #363 received a donation of three Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) from the Middleport Fire Depart...
HIV awareness: Know your status
June 27 was National HIV Testing Day (NHTD). HIV is a virus spread through certain body fluids that attacks the body’s immune system, specifical...
Search the Scriptures: God’s word is always the same
In the Psalms, we read, “Forever, O LORD, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens. Your faithfulness endures to all generations; you have estab...
Cross Words: Knowing God as Father
I’m getting married in less than five months, and as a young man, I’ve felt the pressure to become independent faster than I had originall...
A Hunger for More: The treasure of sharing
In the midst of great divides, the treasure of sharing a special connection with others is increasingly precious. It cannot be overstated that much of...
God’s Kids Korner: The parable of the hidden treasure and pearl… Matthew 13: 44-46
This week we are looking at one of Jesus’ parables that is not quite so familiar and not so easily understood as some of the other ones. Have so...
Understanding E. Coli
E. Coli (Escherichia Coli), are a large group of bacteria that naturally live in the intestines of people and animals, especially cattle. Most types o...