Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
Southern Hall of Fame welcomes Hill, Sayre… Class of 2022
- Teachers ‘paying it forward’ - 4:22 pm
- Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman - 4:21 pm
- 123 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Sheriff’s office participates in enforcement program - 8:36 am
- Commissioners approve finance items - 8:53 am
- Southern FFA helps with Ag Day - 3:33 pm
- Meigs Board of Ed. approves personnel - 12:31 pm
- Southern holds academic banquet - 3:37 pm
- Free suicide awareness, prevention training available - 2:15 pm
- Second arrest made in homicide case - 8:56 am
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
- “Celebrate Recovery” event - 3:36 pm
- Pomeroy Fire Department celebrates 175th anniversary - 12:42 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- MCIYS obtains non-profit status - 4:07 pm
- 1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Southern Board of Ed. approves agenda items - 12:10 pm
- Registration open for watershed camp - 10:52 am
- Meigs Prom royalty crowned - 10:50 am
- PVH warns of phone scams - 9:15 am
- Commissioners approve financial items - 9:01 am
- 4th of July celebration planning underway - 12:34 pm
- 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Southern Prom Royalty - 12:23 pm
- Home, garden show coming Saturday - 11:17 am
Second arrest made in homicide case
POMEROY — Meigs County Sheriff Keith Wood reported on May 13, the Major Crimes Task Force and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation identifi...
‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The West Virginia Vietnam Veterans Traveling Wall will be at The Quality Inn in Gallipolis on Friday and Saturday.The display...
“Celebrate Recovery” event
OHIO VALLEY — The Gallia-Jackson-Meigs (GJM) ADAMH Board is inviting those in recovery, or those seeking information about recovery to join the ...
Dinner cruise tickets now on sale
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Point Pleasant River Museum has announced plans for a dinner cruise on July 25 aboard the Belle of Cincinnati.The Di...
MCIYS obtains non-profit status
POMEROY — Meigs County Innovative Youth Society (MCIYS) was the focus on opening day of the Meigs County Farmers Market (MCFM). Since the Market...
Gerlach wins discus on Day 1
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — For the first time in a long time, a White Falcon stood at the top of the podium.Junior Rowen Gerlach took home the top spot...
Point captures 11 state titles
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Not all of the pieces fell into place, but plenty of school records fell by the wayside nonetheless.The boys didn’t re...
Locals land 16 on TVC Ohio squads
The Ohio Valley Publishing area landed 16 total selections on the All-Tri-Valley Conference Ohio Division baseball and softball teams for the 2022 cam...
Waterford tops Tornadoes, 11-0
RACINE, Ohio — In all fairness, the Tornadoes had already won the title … and they were about 48 hours away from starting work on another....
Marauders win sectional title
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — Running it back-to-back.The Meigs baseball team defeated the Adena Warriors at home 3-0 Thursday evening to win a Division I...
Point wins 4 titles on Day 1
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — If Day 1 was any indication, the theme of this mid-week meet is going perfectly.The Point Pleasant track and field programs ...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Meigs High School Honor Roll
Meigs High School announces the second nine weeks honor roll as follows:Freshmen: Kadence Allen, Abigail Barber, Brady Barnett, Lindsay Barnhart, Tess...
RACO plans spring yard sale, food drive
The Racine Area Community Organization held its regular monthly meeting recently at the Kathryn Hart Community Center. The secretary and treasurerR...
Brooks-Grant Camp officers
Officers for Brooks-Grant Camp No. 7, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Middleport, Ohio are pictured. Front row, Senior Vice Commander Dale Co...
Father, daughter duo achieve Black Belts
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant branch school of S.H. Kang’s Taekwondo Academy recently announced the newest Black Belts, Chad and Cel...
Christ defangs the bite of prejudice
The major biting shortcoming of co-existence among the people of varying ethnic, racial, social, and religious characteristics has to do with prejudic...
Search the Scriptures: A celebration of salvation
When God gave the Law to Israel, speaking from the mountain, proclaiming those edicts which would become known as the Ten Commandments, the book of Ex...
God’s Kids Korner: Filled with the Holy Spirit
Before Jesus returned to heaven to be with his Father, He told his disciples in John 14:12 that they would do even greater things than He had done whe...
Patiently wait on God
One of the Psalmist wrote that he cried to God for deliverance from “innumerable evils.”Then, within the context of his experiences, he no...
Holzer to host free skin cancer screening
JACKSON — The month of May is recognized as Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Skin cancer is the most common cancer among people in the United States...
Meigs Health Matters… Fresh produce
At some point in your life, you have most likely heard how important it is to include fruits and vegetables in your diet. But why? No matter where you...