Gallia woman charged with murder in alleged vehicular death
County appropriates $200k for corrections
Finding a way to escape
Annual tractor show and parade returns
10 vie for Meigs Fair royalty titles
- Gallia woman charged with murder in alleged vehicular death - 11:42 pm
- 50th FAC Festival Exhibit winners and purchasers - 4:13 pm
- Smith, Republicans address executive order on agriculture - 5:53 pm
- Several events on tap for weekend - 5:27 pm updated: 11:15 am.
- Finding a way to escape - 5:02 pm
- Middleport man held on $250k bond - 3:41 pm
- Gallia Health Dept. confirms Hep A cases - 2:53 pm updated: 5:29 pm.
- Annual tractor show and parade returns - 7:22 pm
- Madog Center celebrates Welsh-American history in Wales - 7:03 pm
- Rutland village to seek operating levy - 5:24 pm
- 10 vie for Meigs Fair royalty titles - 3:59 pm
- OVBC announces cash dividend - 1:38 pm
- Vinton to host annual bean dinner - 9:58 pm
- Learning how to ‘stop the bleed’ - 8:15 pm
- Middleport PD reminds residents to secure property - 4:53 pm
- Heritage Festival set for Saturday - 2:19 pm
- Shooting incident yields two arrests - 12:02 pm
- Pretrial, Probation, and Parole Supervision Week - 11:30 am
- Rhythm on the Riverfront - 11:18 am
- Hoop Project looks for slam dunk - 9:24 am
- Commissioners approve engineer “smart” corridor hopes - 6:46 pm
- Lawsuit spurs national reform - 3:56 pm
- The Queen of the Mississippi visits again - 3:54 pm updated: 4:12 pm.
- Food and Fashion wrap up judging week - 3:03 pm
- Training first responders - 11:16 am
Rutland village to seek operating levy
RUTLAND — Rutland Village Council is asking voters to consider a 2.0 mill operating expenses levy as the village continues to recover from past ...
10 vie for Meigs Fair royalty titles
ROCKSPRINGS — Five candidates will vie for the title of 2018 Meigs County Fair Queen with the Queen to be announced as part of the 155th Meigs C...
OVBC announces cash dividend
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — On July 17, Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per common share payab...
Vinton to host annual bean dinner
VINTON — American Legion Post 161 and Auxiliary will once again be holding the annual Vinton Civil War Bean Dinner Aug. 4 with a parade, bingo, ...
Learning how to ‘stop the bleed’
POINT PLEASANT — Pleasant Valley Hospital (PVH) hosted an informational session Tuesday on how to “stop the bleed” during emergency ...
Middleport PD reminds residents to secure property
MIDDLEPORT — In a statement on Tuesday, Middleport Chief of Police Bruce Swift reminded residents to “secure your property.”“T...
Bobcats, Herd each face a dirty dozen
Looking for a repeat effort … and maybe even more.Both football programs at Marshall University and Ohio University enjoyed some stellar moments...
Angels land 6 on All-OVC squad
CENTENARY, Ohio — The historic season went well rewarded.The Gallia Academy softball team — after sharing its first-ever Ohio Valley Confe...
Capehart Juniors complete 4th week
POMEROY, Ohio — A perfect day to play golf.Not only was it a beautiful day, but the 38 golfers taking part in the Frank Capehart Tri County Juni...
VanMeter competes in area all-star game
Recent graduate Paige VanMeter represented Southern one final time on Monday during the 11th Annual Fastpitch Softball All-Star game being held at VA ...
Salute to Bald Eagles over Independence Day
In addition to hamburgers, hot dogs, and fireworks during this past week’s Independence Day holiday, one thing you may have enjoyed, if you were...
FAO provides post-secondary scholarships for students across Appalachian Ohio
MEIGS COUNTY — Setting Appalachian Ohio’s students up for success is a critical part of creating a region abundant with possibilities. Tha...
Chester Alumni holds banquet
CHESTER — The Chester Alumni Association held its annual banquet and meeting on June 2 at the Eastern Elementary School cafetorium. President Ro...
Kempers to celebrate 70th anniversary
Gordon and Betty (Chandler) Kemper of Gallipolis will celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary on July 17. The Kempers were married on July 17, 1948, ...
Cook receives SEDAB scholarship
JACKSON — The Ohio High School Athletic Association annually provides scholarships for outstanding student athletes from its member schools.Each...
Pee Wee Baseball Tournament Champions
The Eastern baseball team recently won the Big Bend Pee Wee Boys Tournament Championship. Pictured are Logan Wolfe, Colton Lloyd, Jace Stevens, Ethan ...
Kyger Creek service awards
CHESHIRE — Ohio Valley Electric Corporation congratulates its employees who celebrated service award anniversaries in April, May and June of thi...
The trip: The falls
So, our sons went together to purchase their Mom and Dad a cruise package to Alaska, and presented it to us as a Christmas present. Over the years in ...
Teen testimony: God’s way is the best way
Do you ever feel like God is against you?I’m not talking about your sin. I’m not talking about your wrong thoughts, actions, and intention...
There’s no harm in watching people
A few weeks ago I discovered for myself what some people have been enjoying for all of their lives. Simply watching people proved itself a fun exercis...
See the best of your community: Visit a fair
We’re blessed in Ohio. Be it our natural resources, our climate, our places or our people — we are lucky to live where we do. This summer ...
Meigs Health Matters: Meningitis
Bacteria called Neisseria meningitidis cause meningococcal disease. About 1 in 10 people have these bacteria in the back of their nose and throat with...
God’s Kids Korner: Adopted by God
I’m not sure if you know much about adoption, but it is a wonderful thing for children who are not able to live with their parents for some reas...