After meeting in executive session, the board approved the following substitute teachers for the remainder of the 2009-2010 school year, pending proper certification: Robert Bundy, Fred Connery, Jr., Ashley P. Dailey, Kristen Gartner, Suzanne Heald, Gina N. Pines and Ryan Sleight.
Supplemental Contracts were awarded as follows: Dick Tipton, winter weight room coordinator; Susan Parsons, elementary choir; Wes Sanders, assistant varsity football coach, retroactive to Sept. 30; Betsy Kearns, varsity assistant cheerleading advisor.
The board approved a two year contract extension for Randy Boston, Operations Supervisor, through June 30, 2012.
The board also:
• Approved an agreement with Anthem Life for life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance at a combine rate of $0.16 per $1,000 of coverage for calendar year 2010.
• Approved membership with the Ohio School Board Association for 2010.
• Approved participation in the Ohio School Board Association Legal Assistance Fund for 2010.
• Accepted a scholarship donation from Bill and Wilma Williams in the amount of $5,000 to be placed in fund 029.9008 Williams Scholarship.
• Approved an agreement with Anthem to provide medical and prescription drug coverage through September 30, 2010.
• Approved a one year contract agreement between the Eastern Local Education Association and the Eastern Local Board of Education effective Sept. 1, through Aug. 31, 2010.
• Appointed Shelia Taylor as President Pro Tem for the organizational meeting at 6:30 p.m., Jan. 13, with the regular Meeting immediately following.