ROCKSPRINGS — Four lucky students scrambled for cash on Tuesday evening during the first Crawl for Cash event of the year hosted by Farmers Bank.
The event took place at halftime of the Alexander versus Meigs basketball game at Meigs High School.
The event challenges blindfolded students to crawl around the basketball court in search of $250 in cash which has been spread out to be collected.
In addition to the search for cash, individuals from both competing schools were asked to bring non-perishable food items to be donated to local food pantries.
Dru Reed of Farmers Bank said that approximately $200 in food items and donations were collected during the event with Meigs Local fans bringing in the most. In doing so, the bank made a donation to the Meigs Local Athletic Boosters.
Upcoming Crawl for Cash events are scheduled as follows:
- Dec. 23 at Gallia Academy High School (Gallia Academy vs. South Gallia)
- Dec. 27 at Wahama High School (Wahama vs. Point Pleasant)
- Jan. 12 at Point Pleasant High School (Point Pleasant vs. Hannan)
- Jan. 13 at Eastern High School (Eastern vs. Southern)
- Jan. 24 at Southern High School (Southern vs. Wahama)