Wahama White Falcons (2-4, 1-4) at Eastern Eagles (2-4, 2-2)
Last Week: Wahama lost to Trimble 46-14 in Mason; Eastern lost to Waterford 35-7 in Tuppers Plains.
Last meeting between the teams: October 10, 2014. Eastern won 33-21 in Mason.
Current head-to-head streak: Eastern has won 1 straight.
EHS offense last week: 72 rushing yards, 73 passing yards.
WHS offense last week: 41 rushing yards, 140 passing yards.
EHS offensive leaders last week: QB Jett Facemyer 8-16, 73 yards; RB Jett Facemyer 25 carries, 33 yards, TD; WR Cameron Richmond 5 receptions, 69 yards.
WHS offensive leaders last week: QB Philip Hoffman 8-19, 114 yards, INT; RB Colton Arrington 10 carries, 49 yards; WR Jared Nutter 3 receptions, 51 yards.
EHS defense last week: 179 rushing yards, 79 passing yards.
WHS defense last week: 301 rushing yards, 121 passing yards.
Five things to note:
1. After both losing last week, a bounce back win will be needed by both sidelines Friday night. The last time EHS and WHS faced off after losing the week prior was 2006.
2. Wahama had won 12 straight over Eastern prior to last season’s EHS triumph. The last time Eastern defeated the Falcons at East Shade River Stadium was September 7, 2001 by a 30-8 count.
3. Both EHS and WHS hold a victory over Federal Hocking this season, while both have suffered a loss at the hands of Waterford. The Eagles defeated FHHS 39-8, while falling to the Wildcats 35-7. The White Falcons claimed a 31-15 victory over the Lancers, while dropping a 34-0 decision to the Green and White.
4. The Eagles are 1-2 at East Shade River Stadium this season, while Wahama is 0-2 away from Bachtel Stadium.
5. The Eagles have been outscored 209-to-78 this season, while Wahama has been outscored 152-to-99.
Meigs Marauders (5-1, 3-0) at Athens Bulldogs (3-3, 1-1)
Last Week: Meigs defeated Nelsonville-York, 32-14 in Rocksprings; Athens defeated Gallia Academy 35-0 in Gallipolis.
Last meeting between the teams: October 10, 2014. Athens won 49-0 in Rocksprings.
Current head-to-head streak: Athens has won 6 straight.
MHS offense last week: 192 rushing yards, 61 passing yards.
AHS offense last week: 252 rushing yards, 81 passing yards.
MHS offensive leaders last week: QB Cody Bartrum 5-14, 61 yards; RB Kaileb Sheets 14 carries, 58 yards, TD; WR Kaileb Sheets 3 receptions, 50 yards.
AHS offensive leaders last week: QB Brendan Sano 9-15, 81 yards, TD; RB Zacciah Saltzman 21 carries, 146 yards, 3TDs; WR Heath Wiseman 5 receptions, 38 yards.
MHS defense last week: 128 rushing yards, 31 passing yards.
AHS defense last week: 87 rushing yards, 20 passing yards.
Five things to note:
1. Meigs brings a three-game winning streak into this pivotal TVC Ohio showdown, while the Bulldogs have won back-to-back games for the first time this season. However, the current combined record of the three teams that AHS has defeated this season is 0-18.
2. Athens leads the all-time series 17-15 over Meigs with six straight wins. The last time the Marauders defeated the Bulldogs was on September 12, 2008, which was the first season Athens was a member of the TVC Ohio.
3. Athens and Meigs both hold victories over Gallia Academy and Vinton County this season, while both losing to Logan. Meigs topped GAHS 26-12, VCHS 31-0 and fell to LHS 27-22, while the Bulldogs topped the Blue Devils 35-0, the Vikings 48-13 and lost to the Chieftains 61-49.
4. Meigs, which currently sits 11th in Region 14, is one of nine teams in the region with at least five wins. The Marauders’ five victims hold a combined record of 7-23.
5. The Marauders’ last trip to R. Basil Rutter Field was on October 25, 2013 and resulted in a 61-13 AHS victory. The last time the Maroon and Gold topped the Bulldogs in Athens was August 31, 2007. MHS claimed a 35-0 victory on that date.
Southern Tornadoes (3-3, 2-2) at Trimble Tomcats (5-1, 5-0)
Last Week: Southern defeated Federal Hocking 48-0 in Stewart; Trimble defeated Wahama 46-14 in Mason.
Last meeting between the teams: October 10, 2014. Trimble won 40-6 in Racine.
Current head-to-head streak: Trimble has won 24 straight.
SHS offense last week: 246 rushing yards, 140 passing yards.
THS offense last week: 301 rushing yards, 121 passing yards.
SHS offensive leaders last week: QB Blake Johnson 5-10, 122 yards, 3TDs; RB Riley Roush 12 carries, 134 yards, 2TDs; WR Tommy Ramthun 2 receptions, 77 yards, TD.
THS offensive leaders last week: QB Andrew Losey 9-13, 121 yards, TD, INT; RB Justice Jenkins 27 carries, 261 yards, 5TDs; WR Kamron Curry 7 receptions, 109 yards, TD.
SHS defense last week: 14 rushing yards, 55 passing yards.
THS defense last week: 41 rushing yards, 140 passing yards.
Five things to note:
1. Coming off of a bounce back win a week ago, the Tornadoes will try to end Trimble’s 28-game TVC Hocking winning streak. The Tomcats’ last league loss came on August 31, 2012, by a 25-12 count to Wahama.
2. The Tornadoes have one win against the Tomcats all-time. The win came in 1973, Trimble’s first year in existence, by a count of 19-8. The Tornadoes fell to THS the following season and have lost all 23 games since their series resumed in 1992.
3. Trimble, which has shutout SHS seven times, has never allowed the Tornadoes to score more than 28 points in a game. Southern, which has recorded one shutout win this season, hasn’t been held scoreless in a game since 2012.
4. If the postseason started today, Trimble would be the top seed in Region 25, while Southern sits two spots out at 10th.
5. Southern’s last trip to Glouster was October 25, 2013 and resulted in a 42-14 THS win. The Tomcats are 2-1 at home this season, while Southern is 2-1 on the road.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU