Sheriff’s office investigating two deaths
Rio College levy to potentially return
Sheriff’s office investigating two deaths in Meigs
Wildcats outlast South Gallia, 53-44
A prescription for happiness
- NAACP honors MLK Day - 9:09 pm
- Racine council holds first meeting of 2018 - 7:10 pm
- Meigs School Board votes on personnel items - 7:06 pm
- Rio to host Title IX training summit - 6:54 pm
- Racine woman found dead following well-being check - 5:35 pm
- Seeking leadership, GIB may not compete - 5:18 pm
- Racine woman found dead following well-being check - 4:17 pm
- Accessing the past in print: Bossard to offer digital newspapers online - 5:33 pm
- Accessing the past in print: Bossard to offer digital newspapers online - 5:29 pm
- Accessing the past in print: Bossard to offer digital newspapers online - 2:14 pm
- The 411 on Meigs County 911 services - 2:11 pm
- Discussion on ‘health’ of sheriff’s office continues - 2:11 pm
- Weather may delay delivery - 11:40 am
- Food pantry provides for residents - 7:40 pm
- Commissioners nominate leadership for ‘18 - 7:36 pm
- Long Bottom man indicted on rape charges against child - 1:03 pm
- Syracuse changes up meeting schedule - 9:21 pm
- Meigs school board names president, vice president - 6:26 pm
- Physical condition of sheriff’s office an issue - 6:21 pm
- Meigs County Community Fund opens grant round - 5:59 pm
- Hoover to serve as presiding judge - 4:37 pm
- Middleport woman sentenced in Rothgeb case - 9:12 pm
- Gulls return to the Ohio Valley - 6:03 pm
- Grabbing lunch close to home - 5:55 pm
- Middleport decides to keep bricks on Main - 5:51 pm
Accessing the past in print: Bossard to offer digital newspapers online
OHIO VALLEY — Bossard Memorial Library in Gallipolis has stepped even further into the digital age by offering a convenient look at the past for...
The 411 on Meigs County 911 services
POMEROY — Despite rumors floating around Meigs County, according to Emergency Medical Services Director Robbie Jacks, “We will not be losi...
Discussion on ‘health’ of sheriff’s office continues
POMEROY — An attorney from the Ohio Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association (OPBA) recently contacted Meigs County Sheriff Keith Wood regarding...
Weather may delay delivery
OHIO VALLEY — Due to inclement weather, delivery of your Sunday Times-Sentinel may be delayed today. We ask for your patience as carriers work t...
Food pantry provides for residents
POMEROY — A local community center provides individuals with staple food items when needed.The Mulberry Community Center has an emergency food p...
Commissioners nominate leadership for ‘18
POMEROY —The Meigs County Commissioners met for their organizational meeting on Thursday to nominate a president and vice president and appoint ...
Second half rally sends Bears past Rio
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Thomas Collins and Brandon Shingles fueled a key second half run and scored 29 of their combined 35 points after halftime, l...
Rio softball tops RSC preseason coaches’ poll
NEW ALBANY, Ind. — The University of Rio Grande is predicted as the favorite in the 2018 River States Conference Softball Preseason Coaches̵...
Snowy owls invading Ohio
Keep your eyes open for snowy owls.Although they are rare visitors to our part of the country, the snowy owl population is in the midst of an irruptio...
OVP sports postponements for Jan. 12-13
Due to the inclement weather, there were several varsity sporting contests postponed in the Ohio Valley Publishing area for Friday, Jan. 12.Also, all ...
OVP sports postponements for Jan. 12-13
Due to the inclement weather, there were several varsity sporting contests postponed in the Ohio Valley Publishing area for Friday, Jan. 12.Also, a ha...
Kasler joins Farm Bureau staff
COLUMBUS, Ohio (OFBF) — Ashley Kasler of Athens has been named organization director for Ohio Farm Bureau. She will work with leaders and member...
Better You, Better Ohio!
POMEROY — A new employee wellness program is spreading across Ohio and making a stop in Meigs County.The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensat...
169th annual installation of officers held
RACINE — Robert Cleek of has been elected and installed as Master of Pomeroy-Racine Masonic Lodge No. 164.Cleek was installed by WB Steven Truss...
PVH’s Employee of the Year named
POINT PLEASANT — Pleasant Valley Hospital announces the Customer Service Employee of the Year for 2017 is Brittany Hollingshead.Hollingshead wor...
Fruth Pharmacy welcomes new florist
POINT PLEASANT — Fruth Pharmacy announces Rick Sullivan is joining the staff at Fruth Pharmacy in Point Pleasant as a Florist.Sullivan has 20-pl...
God’s Kids Korner : God’s Creation
The first book of the Bible is Genesis. It starts out by saying, “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” So who made ev...
Sometimes we need to be assured God is ‘under-girding’ us
We often view our lives in terms of ups and downs. Times are that we are “up” emotionally. Things are going well. We have a bright-minded ...
The word of God
The word of God is living and powerful, for it is communicated from the mind of God and carries the weight of His divine wisdom, foresight and power. ...
Animal totem guidance
My friend met me at the door, holding her grand baby with one hand and a leash in the other, at the end of which was a huge dog. “Come on in. Vo...
Take time when it comes to taxes
A recent request to help pinpoint why some local tax proposals failed at the polls last November prompted some thought about attitudes toward levies o...
It’s healthy to give
The holidays can be a sad time for many of our older Meigs county residents. A lot of them are empty-nesters and many are dealing with sickness, inclu...