ROCKSPRINGS — The Meigs Local Board of Education recognized several students of the month at their recent meeting, in addition to the approval of agenda items.
Students recognized by Student Liaison Heather Hawley included, Alexander Johnson, Catherine Haggy, Conlee Burnem, Tyson Dugan, Cullen Patterson, Emma Powell, Jewels Conley, Reece Dearth and Cameron Burnem.
Board member Ryan Mahr inquired about an emergency squad at middle school and junior varsity sporting events.
Agenda items approved by the Board included:
- The hiring of Donna Wolf as a tutor for a home-bound student up to six hours per week.
- Accepted the resignation of bus driver Steven Morris effective Nov. 30.
- The five-year financial forecast and annual spending plan as presented by treasurer Roy Johnson.
- The re-establishment of a premium only plan administered by American Fidelity.
- The first reading of policies recommended by NEOLA.
The board entered into executive session for nearly an hour for matters required to be confidential by federal law or rules or state statutes.
No action was taken following the executive session.
Board members Larry Tucker, Todd Snowden, Roger Abbott, Hawley and Mahr were present for the meeting.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU