MEIGS COUNTY — Several public meetings have been scheduled on the proposed levy/bond issue for the Meigs County Justice Center (Sheriff’s Office and Correctional Facility).
Sheriff Keith Wood explained that he hopes to meet with as many residents of the county as possible to explain the proposal, goals for moving forward with the proposed project and the need for the new facility.
Upcoming public meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Sept. 14, 7 p.m. at the Meigs High School Cafeteria;
- Sept. 21, 6:30 p.m. at the Olive Twp. Fire Department;
- Sept. 26, 7:30 p.m. at the Meigs County Tea Party meeting held at the Senior Center;
- Oct. 7, 6:30 p.m. at Star Grange;
- Oct. 12, 7 p.m. at Meigs Elementary;
- Oct. 17, 7 p.m. in the Eastern Elementary Cafeteria;
- Oct. 24, 6:30 p.m. at the Ohio Valley Christian Camp;
- Oct. 26, 7 p.m. at the Syracuse Community Center.
Additionally, open houses are taking place at the current Sheriff’s Office to allow for visitors to tour the current facility and see its limitations. Remaining open houses will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 7 and Nov. 4.
Additional meetings are being arranged around the county and dates are working to be finalized, said Wood.
Any group or organization which would like to host a public meeting or hear from Sheriff Wood can call the sheriff’s office at 740-992-3371 to set up a meeting.