SYRACUSE — In recognition of a commitment to high quality and an ongoing dedication to the learning and development of young children, Carleton Preschool Program has maintained a Five-Star Step Up To Quality Award from the state of Ohio for the second consecutive year.
Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s rating system for learning and development programs. Participating preschool programs can earn a one to five star rating, with a five-star being the highest.
In addition to meeting all standards of a four-star rating, the Carleton Preschool Program also:
- Has lower staff/child ratios.
- Uses child assessment results to plan activities that best support learning and development goals for each child.
- Shares assessment results with families, creates goals for children, and designs lesson plans that support each child’s growth.
- Develops plans to support children as they transition to a new classroom or educational setting.
- Works with other organizations or businesses within the community to support children and their families.
- Uses input from families and community partners to inform the program’s continuous improvement process.
- Ensures teachers and the administrator complete more than 30 hours of specialized training every two years and that they have higher educational qualifications.
- Supports and values employees by providing benefit packages to retain high quality teachers.
“Carleton Preschool Program is proud to be a five-star program for the second year in a row,” said Kayla George, director of education. “We know that investing in high-quality early childhood education is critical to our community and has lasting effects on the educational careers of our students. It is important to us that children develop their self-confidence, social and emotional skills, and a love of learning as the foundation of their educational careers.”
Research confirms that the first five years of a child’s life has a direct impact on how children develop emotional well-being, in addition to, learning and social skills.
Carleton Preschool Program is an inclusion program that is able to serve both students with and without special needs. To find out more about the Carleton Preschool Program, please contact us at 740-992-6681.
Information submitted by Carleton Preschool.